I was having a thought earlier that I thought I'd like to share to the pit and gather answers to the question I bring. I thought of what life would be like if you took three year olds and put them in a single space with three rooms that didn't have doors in it. They lived here forever. There would be a group of maybe ten of them in the space. Food came from machines that are placed in bowls like a dog would eat from. The same goes with water.

There will be absolutely no human contact. If there is a problem with health, invisible gas will fill room and knock the beings unconscious. Then any surgery would occur. The humans would continue to live out through their whole life until death took them. The only door out is hidden into the wall and only opened when they are knocked out.

What would happen in a situation like this?

It's been crazy thinking about this. Those rooms would be the only thing that they ever knew. It would be there world. They would have names for every room as they learned to communicate with each other. Languages could be made!

Or would they kill each other?

What do you think would occur?
Isn't that like a Skinner Box or something? I think some psychologists did that to animals at some point.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
you would see a regression into what we as humans already are, without eachother (ie the stratification of a society or civilization)...

Animals
Quote by btones
you would see a regression into what we as humans already are, without eachother (ie the stratification of a society or civilization)...

Animals

But you would have each other, just in a far fewer amount. True nobody would teach you, but in sight of each others presence with a humans intellectual capabilities, I believe that language would be a result.

I think a sort of small civilization would exist within them.
imagine 20,000 B.C. without the ability to progress as a society. with food always provided for them they would all become fat, lazy, unintelligent caged animals
Quote by Wikipedia.org
These nouns are often used with a form of "to be" rather than "to have," e.g., "he is pwnage" rather than "he has pwnage". Either is a more emphatic way of expressing the simpler "he pwns,"
Quote by Iamafunguy
But you would have each other, just in a far fewer amount. True nobody would teach you, but in sight of each others presence with a humans intellectual capabilities, I believe that language would be a result.

I think a sort of small civilization would exist within them.

that is a possibility.

are they the Roominites?
Wouldn't they die?

I heard about these tests they did to infants when Hilter was in power, and they found out that if you feed them and everything but not touch them, they die.
Quote by Wylde_Guitarist
imagine 20,000 B.C. without the ability to progress as a society. with food always provided for them they would all become fat, lazy, unintelligent caged animals

Maybe, they could be provided only with an amount of food to keep them fit and food of nutritious value.

But they would have no exercise probably.
They would be just primitive people, living in eac other's comfort, they would develop communication amongst themsleves and have their own way of living.
This was happening in orphanages in Bosnia or Chechnya or something. Basically the same thing, kids wouldn't leave their cribs for their entire lives.

Basically they never develop. You're gonna have a 20, 30, even 40 year old still behaving like they're three.
Guylee, could I have a source on that? It's sounds horrfific and interesting all at once.
It takes a long time for a language to form. There would be some crude form of communication, but without being taught, they wouldn't be speaking a lot.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Hmmm. They'd turn into Democrats.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
They'd get depressed and die. Humans need contact while growing up. They need older people teaching them. They need to learn and grow. It doesn't work if you just throw a bunch of babies in there and then feed them and give them drink. They need attention, affection, and teaching.
How can they live forever?
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by Will Swanson
I thought this was relevant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSKH6Gw1TC8

Holy shit!

Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
If you put 3 year olds into a room, they would try to get out somehow. They would have known of the world outside. If they were born in the room, that's another story, but it raises the question of how they were fed as infants.
It would be like the start of mankind. Except the babies will probably be generally smarter than the average cave man