So a while ago I was at my school (School of Worship) and I noticed an old 7 string sitting on a couch in the student lounge. It wasn't there the day before and I didn't know how it got there. So I asked the co-director of the school when they got it, and I guess it was given to them years ago and had just been sitting in a closet until it was recently re-discovered and pulled out. It had some rust spots on the frets and the bridge saddles, a few tiny dings, and super old strings. It needed some work. But today I was thinking about it, and thought, "Hey I don't think they really use that 7 string, I think i'll offer to buy it." So after class I went to the director and offered $100 for it and he gladly accepted the offer! I grabbed the guitar and went home. I cleaned up the rust spots, put new strings on it, set it up and became amazed. But while I was cleaning it, the nut fell off, so I hot glued it back on and had no problems after that.

TL;DR I bought an old guitar for 100 bucks that was sitting in a closet forever.

Ladies and gentlemen.....

My new old Schecter Revenger 7 string! Built in 1999, aged in a closet until 2010.

It sounds great! It's my first 7 string and I am pleased. Bolt on maple neck, grover tuners, basswood body, Duncan Designed pickups, white sparklyish finish.
After I set it up and put new strings on it I couldn't stop playing it. I was so surprised by the Duncan Designed pickups. The cleans are beautiful while the distorted tones are clear and crushing. The neck is nice and thin, the action is nice and low (after I set it up) and it plays great for what I payed for it.
Probably the best 100 bucks I've ever spent. More pics will be coming along with a clips if you guys want 'em.
Quote by Kanthras
Awww, that tiny wittle head looks adorable on that cab..

*Krank amp turns on*

AAAAAUUGHHH TEH CRUSHING OVERDRIVE aSDJKANHFUILGN
Last edited by Generak777 at Sep 28, 2010,
A school who actually give a damn about 7strings?! :O

why didn't I go to that school?! On the schools I've been attending all the music equipment was crappy and cheap! I've seen alot of Fender strats with their sketchy tremolos been used by people who just started on guitar! Horribly trebly singlecoil sounds trough small Marshall MG's, eletric guitars equipped with acustic strings and so forth! o_O

I always tried to make the teachers buy 5string basses and simple humbucker guitars (never dared to suggest a 7string though)! The only 7string that ever visited my school was my own! Most of the other students didn't even know that 7string guitars existed so I got a lot of curious looks and questions (ultimately I became known as "The Heavy Guy"!) ^^

anyway, HNGD!
it looks awesome, and I bet that it's a way better guitar than most people think! Schecter has always been making some really nice guitar. I tried one of those Revenger 7's once, but at that time I didn't have anything to compare it to (also, I could barely play guitar at all back then!) ^^
I would LOVE to have a Revenger 7!

Gratz again mate! (sorry for the wall-of-text! Was bored at work!)

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
Oh, not fair. I had a similar opportunity at my old school but I didn't grab it. The very last day of my senior year in high school I saw this pretty thinline telecaster hanging in the music room. It had a little rust on the frets and the strings looked ancient but I wanted it! But I never got the chance to make an offer before it was too late. It would pretty strange to come to my old school and burst into the music room in the middle of a class to look for a guitar.
HNGD!
Alright people, Move along - there is nothing to see.
"Or so you think..."
Last edited by Fender Dane. at Sep 28, 2010,
Quote by TheBloodstained

Doesn't look like they did after all

HNGD
PRS SE Custom 22 <3
Fender Stratocaster '57 RI
Fender Super Champ XD
Tanglewood TW115 CW
I am disappoint.

That body is not exactly something I'd refer to as "yummy." D:

Nonetheless, HNGD!
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Fender Dane.
Oh, not fair. I had a similar opportunity at my old school but I didn't grab it. The very last day of my senior year in high school I saw this pretty thinline telecaster hanging in the music room. It had a little rust on the frets and the strings looked ancient but I wanted it! But I never got the chance to make an offer before it was too late. It would pretty strange to come to my old school and burst into the music room in the middle of a class to look for a guitar.
HNGD!

I would totally do that for a Thinline Tele. >.>

Anyway HNGD! Nice guitar man.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
I cannot see it
Quote by theogonia777
Lefthandedkid is super awesome, ja?

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?
i almost didn't open this... nothing good comes out of a thread with "yummy" in the title, but this thing is cool. happy new guitar day!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by TheBloodstained

why didn't I go to that school?! On the schools I've been attending all the music equipment was crappy and cheap! I've seen alot of Fender strats with their sketchy tremolos been used by people who just started on guitar! Horribly trebly singlecoil sounds trough small Marshall MG's, eletric guitars equipped with acustic strings and so forth! o_O

I always tried to make the teachers buy 5string basses and simple humbucker guitars (never dared to suggest a 7string though)! The only 7string that ever visited my school was my own! Most of the other students didn't even know that 7string guitars existed so I got a lot of curious looks and questions (ultimately I became known as "The Heavy Guy"!) ^^

anyway, HNGD!
it looks awesome, and I bet that it's a way better guitar than most people think! Schecter has always been making some really nice guitar. I tried one of those Revenger 7's once, but at that time I didn't have anything to compare it to (also, I could barely play guitar at all back then!) ^^
I would LOVE to have a Revenger 7!

Gratz again mate! (sorry for the wall-of-text! Was bored at work!)

Well it was just given to them, It's not like they bought it haha. And I think the only reason they let me buy it off of them is cuz you can't really use a 7 string in worship music. (Unless it's Satanic worship music of course )

Yeah their guitars may be on the more affordable side, but by no means does that mean they are cheap in terms of sound and quality. It plays great, and feels very similar to my Damien 6 which made it really easy to adapt to.

And thank you to everyone else! And I apologize for the thread title.. I would change it to make it look more attractive if I could..
And I'm not really a fan of the body either, but for 100 bucks I'm not complaining.

And hopefully I'll have some good pics and clips up soon!
Quote by Kanthras
Awww, that tiny wittle head looks adorable on that cab..

*Krank amp turns on*

AAAAAUUGHHH TEH CRUSHING OVERDRIVE aSDJKANHFUILGN
Last edited by Generak777 at Sep 28, 2010,
$100? amazing deal congrats. I'm quite jealous. HNGD
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Is that the model Synyster Gates custom is based on?
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
Quote by unicornfist
Is that the model Synyster Gates custom is based on?

Yeah, i'm pretty sure that was the first model with the avenger shape.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.