So i have a little trubble finding the right fingering for this riff.

|-------------7-12h15p12-----------|
|-----------8------------13--------|
|---------9-----------------12-----|
|-------9----------------------14--|
|--7-10----------------------------|
|----------------------------------| (Alaska by Between the Buried and Me)

The part when its 9 on the D-string and 9 on the G-string, where shuld i put my fingers? Because if i bar whit my 3rd finger, it sounds extremely sloppy...
Looks like sort of a sweep to me
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
no way around it boy
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
You're doin it right.

Now just get it to sound right.

EDIT:
And the 12 to 15 is a slide then a pull off back on to the 12.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Last edited by jpgilbert701 at Sep 28, 2010,
Yes, that's a sweeped arpeggio. You're gonna have to barre those notes you mentioned with your ring finger. Start off REALLY slow and make sure you don't speed up until it sounds clean. You can use a metronome if you like.
Don't barre, roll. In other words, with your ring finger, hit the 9 on the d string and then do a rolling motion downwards to the 9 on the g string. While doing that try as hard as you can to mute the sting not being played with your finger you are rolling with. It might be difficult but it just takes practice like everything else. This is the least sloppy way to do it.
Quote by Demonhunter04
You are my hero nodurquack.
Don't forget to mute the notes if you barre them; you don't want to let them ring out for any longer than they should.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Make sure you roll your hand so that one string is pressed down while the other is muted by the same finger.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.