Hey everyone,

I was messing with a couple of clips from the classic Django Reinhardt tune, "Minor Swing", and I came up with a kind of cool beat. Its just a start, and could use better mixing, but I'd like to see if anyone else likes it. By the way, this is my first time ever working with this style of music and I don't really listen to sample based music. Check it out on my profile: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/hildesaw/

Any feedback/critiquing is welcome, and as always C4C!

EDIT: A good pair of headphones is recommended, there is some panning and low bass.
Last edited by hildesaw at Sep 28, 2010,
It's a great sample, but I'm not really liking the beat you built around it. I think the sample is pretty mellow and groovy which will work a lot better over a slower heavier beat. I'd probably half time the ride. Also, the kick could use a lot more punch. Something that I think would be pretty beast would be to develop a walking sub bass line kinda like in the original to really drive the beat.

It's a good start and I hope you keep workin' on it!
Let's party.
Thanks guys! Like I said, its my first time ever attempting this sort of thing. Well, back to the drawing board!