Hey,

i have been playing guitar for 3 days now, and it seems i havent been placing my left hand the right way on the neck.
this morning when i woke up my thumb felt a bit weird and so did mt index and middle finger, so i googled, and it look like i have symptoms of carpal tunnel synrome (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpal_tunnel_syndrome)

so does anyone have some hand excercises that i can do before it gets worse and i need surgery.

and, where can i find a good tutorial on how to place my hand the right way.

,thanks.
Guitar: Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Amp: Studio 10S (crappy 10w)
your thumb should stay behind your middle finger for ultimate stretch

ohh and for CT just do meth
Quote by NEScore
ohh and for CT just do meth

if you dont have serious answers, go waste someone elses time
Quote by MitchellEPI

if you dont post in the correct forums, don't expect people to take you seriously.

*reported*
Quote by MitchellEPI

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
why does some dick always report a post, why not just move it. and considering this is a general thread....

to the OP

CT can get really nasty if not properly treated, i have it in both wrists, best case scenario stop playing for a few days, relax yor hand and periodically stretch it. worst case scenario is surgery.

there is a simple test for CT that you can do yourself.

tap on your wrist along the main nerve, if there is tingling in the thumb, index or middle fingers then you NEED to see a doctor. CT may not seem serious but untreated it can lead to nerve damage or the loss of use of the effected hand.

EDIT:
this may not have anything to do with technique, CT may have been there the entire time you just havent aggrivated it enough to rear its head.
Last edited by Alucard817 at Sep 28, 2010,
yeah, i played from like when i woke up till dinner
Quote by Alucard817
why does some dick always report a post,

For the exact reason he quoted.