Do you agree with that statement? Why or why not? Is there any way to not be a hypocrite? To me, hypocrisy is one of the most infuriating things in the world. I try to avoid it at all costs, but I feel like it's impossible to avoid it entirely. Can one be 100% consistent or are we all doomed to hypocrisy forever?
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
2006 called, they want their shitty joke back.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Well at least we are not hippos

Well..... all but one obese country
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Last edited by slash_GNR666 at Sep 28, 2010,
Everyone is as phony.
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
It's like saying:
I feel like all people will always think about themselves first and put the rest behind, why do they do that?
srsly.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
It's like saying:
I feel like all people will always think about themselves first and put the rest behind, why do they do that?
srsly.

These kind of questions are arguable. Put some thought into it, don't dismiss discussion because you think the answer's obvious.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Yes everyone is a hypocrite, mostly because it is easier to objectively tell someone to do something in their lives rather than you in yours, where you may be blind to the obvious.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
As long as people can benefit from hypocrisy, there will be hypocrisy. People are, more often than not, egotistical, self-centered, loathsome beings. Hypocrisy will be around just as long as humanity. Necrophagist will never release their new album.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
I think so. I think people hold themselves to a standard of actions that's higher than their actual actions. They also rationalize a lot. I'm a hypocrite, I'll freely admit it.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by fail
2006 called, they want their shitty joke back.

I think icwatudidthar. . . Hiipo crit

Quote by DeadlyIllness

[that guy again] gets the drum Solo and Title King of the UG.

*Drum Solo*

Steam: yintonyinton
PSN: yintonyinton
I realize this some weeks ago...
And how whit some people you have to be nice and whit other you have to be a douchebag becuase they dont deserve the best of you.
Being nice all the time is pointless.
i think you're less of a hypocrite if you acknowledge your faults, and as such I'd like to quote Bender:

"Eh, take your pick, good and evil are both very fine choices."

I think as long as you are honest to yourself and stick to your decisions and standards, realise you have flaws and admit them, you're slightly less of a hyporcite than people who pretend to be flawless, good, lawabiding citizens with impeccable morals
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Sep 28, 2010,
Slater dude, like your avatar OP
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by Dirk Gently
I think so. I think people hold themselves to a standard of actions that's higher than their actual actions. They also rationalize a lot. I'm a hypocrite, I'll freely admit it.

Usually the more egotistical people conform to this example, knowingly or not.
For example, I do this, as do a few others I know. It's a little bit of a dreaming thing also.

So yes, we are all hypocrites at certain times, and to varying degrees. I am one, and so are you.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Hypocritical in regards to what? Without a reference point, it's a question of little use. Everyone at some point has most likely been hypocritical, but... so? Everyone has at some point likely to been greedy, but...
Quote by Dayn
Hypocritical in regards to what? Without a reference point, it's a question of little use. Everyone at some point has most likely been hypocritical, but... so? Everyone has at some point likely to been greedy, but...

That's a particularly hypocritical thing to say. And of my opinion? Hypocrisy is definitely relevant to the situation, the environment.
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
Why yes OP, of course I know the Muffin Man.
Your light bulb knows everything you do in your room.
Quote by reaper_x
Why yes OP, of course I know the Muffin Man.

That's a blatant lie.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Quote by Nimbus456
That's a blatant lie.

(Invalid img)
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
The way I see it. If you believe in what you say and you actually do what you say, then it would be hard to be a hypocrite. Hypocrites to me, hardly believe the dabble they spew out at all, which would lead them to juxtapose themselves at one point.

Everybody can be a hypocrite in one way or another. I try to avoid it, but if it's occasional hypocrisy, I think I can deal with that guilt
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
The way I see it. If you believe in what you say and you actually do what you say, then it would be hard to be a hypocrite. Hypocrites to me, hardly believe the dabble they spew out at all, which would lead them to juxtapose themselves at one point.

Everybody can be a hypocrite in one way or another. I try to avoid it, but if it's occasional hypocrisy, I think I can deal with that guilt

I think what it means is that hypocrits are the ones who think only their reasoning and morals are the logical and flawless ones. Which is why left-wing idiots piss me off just as much as right-wing idiots.
Everyone has their own set of morals, and their own way of reasoning. Believing that yours is the superior one and best for everyone, however, is hypocritical. It's impossible to have a morality and reasoning that is best for everyone, and in assuming that your is is assuming that you are aware of the situations, feelings and problems of every human being.
Which you dont.
However, I think it's only human to value your own values more than other people's. But as soon as you say "you shouldn't do that", you're telling another person that their values are inferior, and using this as a fact on which you base your opinion.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Sep 28, 2010,
but hey they really respect your talents
have your manager call my manager
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
Quote by CoreysMonster
I think what it means is that hypocrits are the ones who think only their reasoning and morals are the logical and flawless ones. Which is why left-wing idiots piss me off just as much as right-wing idiots.
Everyone has their own set of morals, and their own way of reasoning. Believing that yours is the superior one and best for everyone, however, is hypocritical. It's impossible to have a morality and reasoning that is best for everyone, and in assuming that your is is assuming that you are aware of the situations, feelings and problems of every human being.
Which you dont.
However, I think it's only human to value your own values more than other people's. But as soon as you say "you shouldn't do that", you're telling another person that their values are inferior, and using this as a fact on which you base your opinion.

Yeah I can buy into that. I always hate it when people choose to pick a side and then refuse to see the value/merit on the other side. It's not like there isn't going to be something that you agree with on the other side of the pond.

Although that's pretty hypocritical of me to say
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Våd Hamster
Humanity is flawed.

understatement of the year
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by CoreysMonster
Which you dont.

While I understand and agree with what you're saying, I don't believe that's the proper definition of hypocrisy. What you describe just sounds like typical self-righteousnes or arrogance.

Hypocrisy, as I understand it, is simply holding other people to a standard that you yourself don't conform to. For example, if I believe that people shouldn't cheat on tests and bitched about a classmate who copied formulas onto his desk for the math test today, but I kept stealing peeks at my textbook I hid in my desk for the English test the following period, then I'd be a hypocrite.

That's hypocrisy (in a nutshell) as I define and understand it.

EDIT: Going with that definition, I'd say I've met plenty hypocrites though it's not like the hypocrisy is of horrifically blatant proportions.

Another definition of hypocrisy I see is "Espousing a certain value or belief but acting in a way that contradicts it."
Last edited by +}-136-{+ at Sep 28, 2010,
You are a hypocrite!
I have more fun than normal people are allowed to have.

Quote by Kensai

Happy RUTAS everybody
I know...so what? Humans are walking contradictions, I mean...look at our history...if there was a real Chapter Black tape like the one in Yu Yu Hakusho, we'd all wanna kill ourselves...we just have to live with it XD
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
Quote by RBM01991
I know...so what? Humans are walking contradictions, I mean...look at our history...if there was a real Chapter Black tape like the one in Yu Yu Hakusho, we'd all wanna kill ourselves...we just have to live with it XD

Can you give us another example. I have no clue wtf you're talking about

edit: nvm ghey anime analogy
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Can you give us another example. I have no clue wtf you're talking about

edit: nvm ghey anime analogy

Dude thats the best Anime ever, fuck your couch
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
I don't watch them so meh... (<--- slightly more at you than with you)
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
It's a good thing the aliens disable the nukes!
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."