So I have the 3rd generation Ipod touch, The problem is the damn thing barely can play music without for an unknown reason rapidly fast forward and skip songs. I've restored it to factory condition countless times and now I'm just sick of it. What I'm deciding is if i should buy a new 3rd generation or spring a little bit extra and grab the 4th generation with its new features. All feedback from owners with the 4th generation Ipod touches is greatly appreciated.
Have you tried disabling shake to shuffle mode?

On topic: New iTouch seems pretty awesome. I got the iPhone 4 about a month ago, and so far it seems amazing. I'm sure that an iTouch with those features will be about the same quality wise.
The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
-Alan Kay

Check out my original classical composition here !
You should probably just kill yourself.

Or if you dont wanna make a silly move, ipod classic, or even better, a different brand of mp3 player.

/Steve Jobs hater

Quote by DeadlyIllness

[that guy again] gets the drum Solo and Title King of the UG.

*Drum Solo*

Steam: yintonyinton
PSN: yintonyinton
Turn off shuffeling. If you decide to get a new MP3 player, you have to know that Apple is extremely overpriced and you'll get a better player for the same price as an iPod.

Same goes for iPhone, you can get a top notch music player phone for 2/3 of the price.

...and macs....twice the price for half the performance.
Quote by GisleAune
Turn off shuffeling. If you decide to get a new MP3 player, you have to know that Apple is extremely overpriced and you'll get a better player for the same price as an iPod.

Same goes for iPhone, you can get a top notch music player phone for 2/3 of the price.

...and macs....twice the price for half the performance.

Someone has a Zune...
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
Someone has a Zune...

More like someone has a useful piece of technology

Quote by DeadlyIllness

*Drum Solo*

Last edited by that guy again at Sep 28, 2010,
Quote by that guy again
More like someone has a useful piece of technology

Mp3 players aren't all that usefull to begin with.
I have an Ipod Touch 32gb 3G w/ the Jailbreak.

I wouldn't swap it for the world. I adore it.
RIP Tom Searle.

If you absolutely must buy an Apple product look no further than the Ipod Classics.

However, if you look past the advertising and the popularity contests, there are a number of other products being sold which are similar to Apple's Ipod product line, that you might alternatively consider posting.

As such, the Zune HD and Sanza Fuze are both exceptional MP3 players that I heartily recommend, are as good as, or perhaps even far superior, to their Apple counterparts.

With research, I am sure that although not having a popular brand name, the product will be of adequacy, that is, to suit all your music playing needs.

Sansa Fuze
Zune HD
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
Last edited by Shredoftheday at Sep 28, 2010,
Quote by BenderRodriguez
Mp3 players aren't all that usefull to begin with.

u wut?

well not without a speaker or headphones I guess they aren't

Quote by Vitor_vdp
You just gotta love all the Apple hate.

Fixed that for you. Srsly, **** apple.

And fuck censorship

Quote by DeadlyIllness

*Drum Solo*

Few things, for the idea that your getting half the performance out of a mac laptop v.s. a P.C. one, i will LoL at you for hours, its just not true, the average lifespan of a mac laptop is 4-6 years, with ok to poor maintenance, a P.C. is 2-4, with GOOD maintenance, also, the fact that it's built on unix shows that its going to be more secure than a P.C. could be, although you can tighten up a PC's security, windows itself is just riddled with security holes. Point is, Mac's, out of the box, ready to go, are in fact easier to use by the general consumer, offer better integration with their own products, and are very fluid and make use of very little to do a lot.

Second, the Sansa FUZE doesn't match the fluid use that the Ipod has, which i for one, love the no lag effect when looking for music. The ZUNE, however, is worth looking into, though the marketplace for it isn't as good as itunes, but who really buy's music anymore anyway?

Also, the 32 GB 4th is the way to go, its thinner, its more lightweight, and the same price as the 3rd gen, with a front facing webcam and a back facing camera/camcorder
Quote by Nickyshane
Few things, for the idea that your getting half the performance out of a mac laptop v.s. a P.C. one, i will LoL at you for hours, its just not true, the average lifespan of a mac laptop is 4-6 years, with ok to poor maintenance, a P.C. is 2-4, with GOOD maintenance, also, the fact that it's built on unix shows that its going to be more secure than a P.C. could be, although you can tighten up a PC's security, windows itself is just riddled with security holes. Point is, Mac's, out of the box, ready to go, are in fact easier to use by the general consumer, offer better integration with their own products, and are very fluid and make use of very little to do a lot.

Second, the Sansa FUZE doesn't match the fluid use that the Ipod has, which i for one, love the no lag effect when looking for music. The ZUNE, however, is worth looking into, though the marketplace for it isn't as good as itunes, but who really buy's music anymore anyway?

Also, the 32 GB 4th is the way to go, its thinner, its more lightweight, and the same price as the 3rd gen, with a front facing webcam and a back facing camera/camcorder

lets try to keep the compute debates outta this please. 2nd I used to have a zune i traded for this ipod touch and the zune marketplace was horrible. 3rd I heard horrible things about the front camera. I think its only .7mp and there were alot of complaints so I was hoping someone with an ipod can tell me how bad the camera is im not looking to use it alot but if im paying for something that has it id hope it would be half way decent.
Quote by that guy again
u wut?

well not without a speaker or headphones I guess they aren't

Fixed that for you. Srsly, **** apple.

And fuck censorship

I hate to go in on this ******ry, and i'm not an apple fanboy.
But give me some good reasons why you would prefer a zune over an ipod?
Quote by Vitor_vdp
http://www.amazon.com/Zune-Video-MP3-Player-Black/dp/B003ES5GWW

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-classic-Black-Generation-MODEL/dp/B000JO1IPI

More than twice the storage for around the same price?

So what's your argument now haters? I bet half of these people that don't like iPods have no foundation in their hate.

I don't want to jump on the Apple bashing bandwagon, but wouldn't it make more sense to compare that Zune with the iPod Touch?
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Quote by BobMarleysGhost
I don't want to jump on the Apple bashing bandwagon, but wouldn't it make more sense to compare that Zune with the iPod Touch?

Seeing as how im looking into buying a new ipod touch why yes....yes it would.
if any of your music is not in mp3 or m4a then ipod doesn't work without either converting your entire music library or jailbreaking. which is why I got the cowon s9 as about half of my music is in not in either of those formats, and the other half is in mp3.

if you want to get an ipod and jailbreak it, sure go ahead, its still a good music player. but if you're just going to jailbreak it, why spend the extra money? my brother got a 8gb ipod touch for $225+tax, my s9 is 16gb, was $200, I have a better screen for any movies you might watch on it, I like the interface better, and the 50hr battery life with audio makes the ipod cry
I Like Green!
Last edited by matsif at Sep 28, 2010,
Quote by BenderRodriguez
I hate to go in on this ******ry, and i'm not an apple fanboy.
But give me some good reasons why you would prefer a zune over an ipod?

Haha I'm just a brand hater

I like my ipod nano, though it has less storage than I'd like. It does it's job which is all I want.

But basically I just really dislike apple, as a brand.

I dont think I would prefer a zune over an ipod, but those cowon players sound really good

Quote by Vitor_vdp
IMO touchscreens are just too annoying to navigate through. But then, that's just me.

I feel the same way. I've always been a buttons guy

Quote by DeadlyIllness

*Drum Solo*

Last edited by that guy again at Sep 28, 2010,
Quote by that guy again
Haha I'm just a brand hater

I like my ipod nano, though it has less storage than I'd like. It does it's job which is all I want.

But basically I just really dislike apple, as a brand.

I dont think I would prefer a zune over an ipod, but those cowon players sound really good

I feel the same way. I've always been a buttons guy

Okay then.
Im not going to jail break it, I dont think that the navagation is annoying, and I think all my music is mp3/mp4 format .
I was asking about the new Ipod touches. I like all the other stuff they can do, But I was wondering if I should buy the same model I have now or the new features are worth spending a little extra.
Last edited by extra heavy at Sep 28, 2010,
The difference is ~$30 for the 32gb model, I'd just grab the new one, though if the camera is the only improvement I'd be tempted to snag an older one. Really, its up to you.

Edited for grammar
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Last edited by robertito696 at Sep 28, 2010,