First and foremost thank you for everyone who responded to my "Ebony Fretboard - New Guitar" thread - gave me a lot of good choices to look over for a new axe.

I think I have narrowed it down to 4 guitars that I would like your input on. I wanted an ebony fretboard (and one of the choices does not have it - ESP LTD MH-1000, but I have had my eye on this guitar for a while now), a floyd rose, and something suitable for the genre of music I play.

My rig is in my signature but some quick info:

Peavey 6505+
Mesa 2x12 Recto Cab
Hard Rock/Metal
Rhythm and lead in band

Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 FR - $799-$899 depending on finish - Seymour Duncan Blackouts - I have never played with these pick ups. I am used to EMG 81/60 and P-90s on my Paul.

Schecter C-1 Custom FR - $850 - Duncan SH-11 and SH-1n. Same as above, would love some feedback on the pups.

BC Rich ASM Pro - $699-$799 - EMG 81/85 set

ESP MH-1000 - $799 - EMG 81/85 set

Any input you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks UG!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Gibson Les Paul Studio - Gem Series
-ESP Eclipse II Standard
-ESP Horizon FR II Standard
-Marshall TSL 602
-Peavey 6505+
-Mesa 2x12 Rectifer Cab
Last edited by ESP_Azrael at Sep 28, 2010,
Quote by Vendetta V
hmm schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR has got EMG 81w/85 if that helps...

I actually played on this at GC and was impressed - I prefer the ebony over the rosewood board but I will keep it an option.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-ESP Eclipse II Standard
-Marshall TSL 602
-Peavey 6505+
-Mesa 2x12 Rectifer Cab
Why don't you go for a second hand ESP horizon? It's within your budget (900$ should be enough) and it's way better than those 4 guitars.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by ESP_Azrael
I actually played on this at GC and was impressed - I prefer the ebony over the rosewood board but I will keep it an option.

i think it'd be a perfect guitar for me.. think of it.. an equal gutiar by another brand would be like 1800 or something.. but features rock. EMG, coiltap, OFR, 24 frets.. the only thing i dont like much is teh set neck (!) im kinda bolt on freak.. but still i dont know anybody other than me who'd want Bolt on over a set neck like that (feels like a neckthru) :p
@ Vendetta: specs don't make a good guitar.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I would pick the ESP MH-1000.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
Holy crap. I was just doing the exact same thing. Got my ESP Eclipse II Standard, and now won't play anything non-Ebony.

I haven't really looked that extensively for other guitars, I just got my Eclipse not a month ago. I've been playing that thing every day, and I'm beginning to wish I had a guitar with a tremolo. I favor the Schecter Blackjack C-1 FR out of the 4, but the only thing that puts me off the Blackjack is the lack of fretboard inlays. I'm pretty sure I could get used to it, but the lack of inlays can confuse me when going all the way up the fretboard in a hurry.
I'd go for a PRS se Torrero, but that's just me. Floyd Rose, EMG 81/85 plus an ebony board, and it looks pretty good too. Just a suggestion. Out of the guitars you listed I would go for the Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 FR.
Quote by BMP
I'd go for a PRS se Torrero, but that's just me. Floyd Rose, EMG 81/85 plus an ebony board, and it looks pretty good too. Just a suggestion. Out of the guitars you listed I would go for the Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 FR.

I've never even heard of this but I just checked it out and it looks really nice - going to see if any local shops have it in stock to try out - thanks man.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-ESP Eclipse II Standard
-Marshall TSL 602
-Peavey 6505+
-Mesa 2x12 Rectifer Cab