my friend asked me to make this for him

He's going to be buying a new guitar soonish (probably for Christmas actually) and wants some advice on what to get. I dont think he's too fussy but here are the only things he really wants:

- Suited to very high gain music
- Budget is $1000AUD. reckons he could push it to an absolute max of 1200 but would rather not
- 24 frets preferably jumbo
- No floyd rose
- Brand new
- Says hes not too worried about the shape but doesn't want a V or les paul style and prefers a non-extreme shape
- Doesn't like the feel of schecter necks

thats it i think. remember we are Aussies

thanks
So you want a fixed bridge?

I'm from Australia and recently bought a Ibanez RG321E
http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG321E

The RG321MH is also quite good. (basically the same guitar but with a matte black or bare mahogany finish and lesser pickups)
http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG321MH

They're a bit below budget, but that gives you some money for a pickup swap!
Last edited by Jam0864 at Sep 28, 2010,
Isn't the exchange rate like really close for AUD and USD? 1000 USD would be like... 1050 AUD, 1100 max.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
yehh but even still. guitar prices in australia are MUCH higher. its not just like a direct currency conversion, we get the shit end of guitar prices
Quote by Jam0864
I can't find that for any less than $1270 in aus.

Hmm... For all I know it might be more, but take a look at the Epiphone Prophecy (or whatever the **** it's called) Explorer. 24 frets, mahogany body, EMG 81/85.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Definitely recommended an ibanez or Esp ltd. How does he feel about 7 strings?
Ibanez Rg570EX
-Nailbomb & Liquifire
ENGL screamer 50
Dynacomp-TS9/808-OCD-Phase 90-Small Clone.
Quote by Milotic
Definitely recommended an ibanez or Esp ltd. How does he feel about 7 strings?

nahhh dont think thats what hes lookin for he just wants to get the **** off his sx ahahah
could get a Jackson of some kind, maybe a Charvel
Quote by theogonia777
Lefthandedkid is super awesome, ja?

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?
Quote by Colgate Total
Hmm... For all I know it might be more, but take a look at the Epiphone Prophecy (or whatever the **** it's called) Explorer. 24 frets, mahogany body, EMG 81/85.

This.
Or the Marcus Henderson sig by epiphone, great value guitars.
Check out the LTD line of ESP's, like the Viper or EX.
Smart Pothead and Proud
Ibanez RG1451. Fixed bridge Prestige model. Around $799 US, don't know what one can be had for in AU
Quote by american_yakuza
Ibanez RG1451. Fixed bridge Prestige model. Around $799 US, don't know what one can be had for in AU

costs over $1500 AUD
Everyone remember that these guys are from Australia... MF and Guitar Center don't ship there.
Quote by 36mikeyb36
Check out the LTD line of ESP's, like the Viper or EX.

ESP Ex/explorers are the shit, going to get one soon.
so would it be safe to say the best options are an RG or some sort of LTD? any other brands to look into?
Ibanez Rg or S series. But why not 2nd hand? you can get like prestiges for 1000 dollars and less.
Ibanez Rg570EX
-Nailbomb & Liquifire
ENGL screamer 50
Dynacomp-TS9/808-OCD-Phase 90-Small Clone.
darn beat me to it. but i prefer the non emg model

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-SLS3-Soloist-Electric-Guitar?sku=520335

definitely one of the sleekest, sexiest metal monsters ive ever come across. had the build and the balls without all that really stupid hardcore warlock shaped nonsense or any other stupid color/shape.

and its a neck thru and literally has no neck heel. its really pretty impressive. havent seen a lot of guitars like that.
Maybe he should give us a budget figure in American dollars; that would be a much better help than giving us an Australian figure, then having all the suggestions shot down.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
Maybe he should give us a budget figure in American dollars; that would be a much better help than giving us an Australian figure, then having all the suggestions shot down.

Its about 965 US
Quote by Goges1494
Its about 965 US

nah its not really.
its kinda hard to say because the cost of a guitar in Australia does not just vary due to exchange rate. its more like: take the american price, add a large sum of money to the price (depending on brand and shiz), THEN convert the currency to AUD.

for example an Ibanez RGD320 costs ~$1000AUD here in Australia, but in america its ~$600USD
if he orders an american guitar online

it'd be max of about $900 US
because the shipping would be like 150-200 or something
Gear:

LTD MH-50
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by britishsligean
esp ltd viper 1000

vipers are sooo ugly. they completely ruin the SG shape.

i feel you friends pain, man. same deal here with rediculous price on gear.
mmm it really is shit. and hardly any places will ship to australia either, and if they do theres taxes for the expensive stuff