Well, I own a Marshall MG15DFX that hasn't been working for a while now, but I've decided to get it up and running again and I wondered if anyone could point out whats wrong with it, and whether I would be able to fix it myself or if a professional would have to do it.
The problem is, when I plug it in and switch it on, It just makes an unatural continuous buzzing noise, this noise continues when I plug a guitar in, and it doesn't amplify the sound of the guitar.

Any possible help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.x
Unless you are an experienced electrician I highly doubt you would be able to do it yourself. Also, those amps don't even cost enough to be worth the repair IMO. Would you feel comfortable paying approx. 50 bucks to repair a 100 dollar amp? If so then go ahead, otherwise I would look for another one. Good luck.
To be honest it's not really a massive problem, I have other amps, I just decided to have a look at it see if I could solve the problem.
Cheers.
it could be the power supply died which is a 50 dollar fix. i dont know if its worth it
Quote by cainmd
it could be the power supply died which is a 50 dollar fix. i dont know if its worth it

This is a good theory. Buzzing and little or no output signal in a solid state amp like that is a sign that one of the power supply caps has shorted or opened. Easy fix if you know what you're doing, but not worth it as far as tech repair prices go.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.