Poll: What do you do when you see a bug?
Poll Options
View poll results: What do you do when you see a bug?
Squish it
50 39%
Leave it alone and wait for it to go away
52 40%
Run away screaming
18 14%
Eat it
9 7%
Voters: 129.
Page 1 of 2
Do you squish it or leave it alone?

I usually start panicking and run out of the room until it's gone or until someone else gets rid of it.
cat
i leave it unless it's bothering me... especially flies who buzz right by your ear... annoying bastards
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Depends what type of bug. I can't stand moths being around my head so they get turned to pulp as soon as i see them but most other things get left alone
Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
Small spider: leave it alone.
Big Spider: Kill it or run away screaming.
Fly / bee etc: Leave it.
Mosquito: Kill it.
I chose squish it, but I am terrified of bugs. I usually get the vacuum cleaner and suck it up. I had to do that to like 20 stink bugs last week.
Angus = god
Quote by El3ment380
I chose squish it, but I am terrified of bugs. I usually get the vacuum cleaner and suck it up. I had to do that to like 20 stink bugs last week.

Dear lord I hate stink bugs
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
Quote by MasterExploder0
Dear lord I hate stink bugs

haha I know they suck!
Angus = god
Normally I leave them alone but tonight I've had some bugs flying around my computer screen which I have been squishing.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

I usually squish it but sometimes I'll have random acts of kindness and just put it outside.
How are this many people on here scared shitless of bugs? Seriously. You run out of the room?
i inspect it.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
I befriend them. Infact there is a spider thats always by my head in the shower and I chat to him a bit.
Quote by bass-man9712
i leave it unless it's bothering me... especially flies who buzz right by your ear... annoying bastards

+1

I still voted "Eat it" though.
Last edited by jimmyled at Sep 28, 2010,
I usually exclaim how great source of protein the bug is, then i proceed to pick it up and eat it. Depending on the bug, it is sometimes necessary to remove certain body parts of the bug. As this can turn out to be a messy operation, I find it helpful to carry around plastic bag with tissues to clean up after.
Only flies, ticks or mosquitoes.
F**ckin annoying sons o' bitches.
Quote by tacaco1000
yes, babies tend to become a blue gooey liquid when kept inside a plastic bottle in the dark for a year.
Capture it in this small plastic cube I have specifically for the purpose, then put it out a window. This is a recent development; up until a few months ago, I'd kill on sight. Still do for particularly large spiders.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Depends on the circumstances/type of bug.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Only if it bugs me I squish it. Other then that I leave them alone.
Quote by Primus2112

*lolstack*

I had to do that instead of a real lolstack, because the number of lols would exceed the image limit. But dear god

Quote by Burgery
Well he's not a bad teacher, it just seems like he really doesn't know an awful lot about what he's teaching...
My walls are covered with the stains and mutilated corpses of the vanquished!
Quote by Foo'
My walls are covered with the stains and mutilated corpses of the vanquished!

How BROOTALZ
Quote by Primus2112

*lolstack*

I had to do that instead of a real lolstack, because the number of lols would exceed the image limit. But dear god

Quote by Burgery
Well he's not a bad teacher, it just seems like he really doesn't know an awful lot about what he's teaching...
I live in a basement. The spiders were here long before I was.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
My own rule of thumb:

If it's in killing distance, kill it.
If it's bigger than my thumb, kill it.
If it looks to have eggs or some kind of young, burn it. (Learned my lesson not to just squish it when I stepped on a spider with eggs. That shit hatched then and there, hundreds of the little bastards.)
If it looks dangerous, kill it.
If it's annoying, kill it.

If it's not in one of those categories it may live.
Usually I am merciful, but If it's in the way I start hitting right next to it so that it runs away, but it is to stupid to I put a book in it's path so that it climbs onto it, in which case I fling it as far away as possible. If that doesn't work I think of the most brootal way of killing it and do it.
Quote by cornmancer
Kill it. Unless it's a big spider in which case I go with the screaming thing.

Ah this.

I kill small/normal spiders at every opportunity. Big spiders involve me shitting my pants.
i get out the pillow, mop, and blanket and i kill anything in sight.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by SunTime
I usually run away, I don't like bugs.

Prepare for a giant surge of profile views. I know I clicked it.
Page 1 of 2