I just saw a comment on the new Black Country Communion album review, and someone actually called Bonamassa overrated.. I don't see how anyone can possibly justify saying that. What do you guys think?
Gear:

2004 PRS Swamp Ash Special
Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
I think he is. In the same way that a lot of musicians are. It doesn't mean they aren't good, it just means that they're well known and therefore a lot of people who want to sound smart use them as figureheads for their knowledge.
I've not listened to a lot of his stuff, but I know he's talented, but I've also seen his name everywhere. Gotta ask, how many of those people actually know who he is?
Within modern blues he's easily very overrated in my opinion.

Though in music in general, nah, he's not.

But many people do speak of how amazing he is, when frankly I can't hear him doing anything more than an average blues guy.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
I think he is. In the same way that a lot of musicians are. It doesn't mean they aren't good, it just means that they're well known and therefore a lot of people who want to sound smart use them as figureheads for their knowledge.
I've not listened to a lot of his stuff, but I know he's talented, but I've also seen his name everywhere. Gotta ask, how many of those people actually know who he is?

Not a lot of people know him, for start, but people generally calling him overrated without even listening to him or acknowledging that he's at least talented is just ridiculous. Then again, people are people so I suppose that's what they'll do.
Gear:

Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
Who?

Given I don't have a clue who that is I would say no.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Didn't think his music was anything special. The stuff i've heard is good but it didn't blow my mind, but i haven't heard anyone claiming it would so i don't see him as overrated
Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
Quote by phil_burns_red
why does everyone care so much if the thread is in the "wrong section"? christ.

Seriously. It's just the pit.
Gear:

Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
Over rated just means you're not as good as people say you are, it doesn't mean you're bad.

2 options: Get in the waaaambulance or get over it because no one gives a shit that someone somewhere doesn't agree with you on how good someone relatively unheard of is at what they do.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Last edited by TheBurningFish at Sep 28, 2010,
Quote by phil_burns_red

Because there are specific areas for this kind of discussion. If people wanted to discuss bands and artists, they would go to the Bands & Artists subforums. It's better for this site to be halfway organized than a big clusterfuck, eh?
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by phil_burns_red

I wanted to feel important

Yeah I'm sorry about that, since I myself get butt hurt when people do it
I actually liked Avatar because I thought it was overrated.

Let me explain...

I decided to see it as a joke, like, "let's see how bad this is" and ended up being semi-entertained by it. Therefore I actually under-rated it, I guess.

"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

i'm just about 99% sure the pit is for anything you want to post. and this post doesn't break any of the rules, so it's in the right thread.