I'm looking for a website, or programm, which gives a list of lots of chord progressions. I don't know ANY theory, and I don't know if such a term like "melodic chord progressions" exists, but if it did, that's what I'd like.

Any ideas?
That, or musictheory.net, which will help you understand theory a whole lot better.
What you're asking for is similar to learning a language from a dictionary. Chord progressions and the rest of the theory are very closely intertwined, so you can't just cherry pick that aspect like you would learn how to cook meatballs from a cookbook. Pick up a standard college music theory textbook and study from grounds up or just don't bother at all and just play covers.
Quote by KingStill
What you're asking for is similar to learning a language from a dictionary. Chord progressions and the rest of the theory are very closely intertwined, so you can't just cherry pick that aspect like you would learn how to cook meatballs from a cookbook. Pick up a standard college music theory textbook and study from grounds up or just don't bother at all and just play covers.

Well, to be fair "not bothering at all" doesn't limit a person to "just playing covers". You can still listen... you can still be creative.

That said, the TS obviously is interested and you're suggestion to start from the ground up is a good one.

Quote by Zeletros
I'm looking for a website, or programm, which gives a list of lots of chord progressions. I don't know ANY theory, and I don't know if such a term like "melodic chord progressions" exists, but if it did, that's what I'd like.

Any ideas?

A good source for chord progressions is within actual pieces of music.

.learn a song...... figure out the chord progression.

Learning a bunch of songs = learning bunch of chord progression.

Studying theory from the ground up as has been suggested is also a very good idea..... but don't just study theory.... you need context.... you need music.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Sep 28, 2010,
Quote by Zeletros

Any ideas?

check ted greene...modern chord progressions....and yes...most if not all of his progressions are melodic....

play well

wolf
Quote by GuitarMunky
A good source for chord progressions is within actual pieces of music.

.learn a song...... figure out the chord progression.

Learning a bunch of songs = learning bunch of chord progression.
In my opinion this is the best way to go about it. Theory means little to nothing without application.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea