Well, I am almost sure I am going to buy this amp, however I unfortunately can't demo it anywhere that I know of, that does not bother me however, because it pretty much blows all of my other amp options out of the water.

But I need to know why this is so cheap... I mean I don't want to pass this up but it just seems very strange, and is it possible to order this online? (If not I found one on eBay fr about the same price)

I also need to know if it sounds good at low volumes.

Thanks
Quote by Dream Floyd
...because it's used???

Seriously, get it fast, or I'll grab that...
Yeah but I saw other ones for like $800 used...
It's cheap because it doesn't have a Graphic EQ, or any other options.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Sep 28, 2010,
Quote by MatrixClaw

this, it also doesn't look like the outside is in mint condition. its a good price, grab it whilst you still can. we don't get any deals like that in the uk
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by MatrixClaw
What the hell is a graphic EQ? I know what EQ is but what?
the sliders you see on the MK IV and V? that's a graphic EQ. some MK IIIs have em, some don't. that's why the one's without the graphic EQs are so cheap.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
the sliders you see on the MK IV and V? that's a graphic EQ. some MK IIIs have em, some don't. that's why the one's without the graphic EQs are so cheap.
what do they do?
Quote by Ironic Maiden
what do they do?

it's just another level of tone shaping. you can use it to boost or cut certain frequencies, just like a parametric eq (TMB on an amp).
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by Jhachey22
it's just another level of tone shaping. you can use it to boost or cut certain frequencies, just like a parametric eq (TMB on an amp).
Doesn't sound like I really need it right now, cool, I may have to wait to get this in November unfortunately, hopefully it will still be there.
The Graphic EQ is the only point of ever buying a Mark Series IMO.

It adds so much to the sound, it's not even funny. I guess you could probably get similar results with an EQ in the loop or something, but Marks without the GEQ are hard to get rid of.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
The Graphic EQ is the only point of ever buying a Mark Series IMO.

It adds so much to the sound, it's not even funny. I guess you could probably get similar results with an EQ in the loop or something, but Marks without the GEQ are hard to get rid of.

+1

doesn't seem like you've really thought through why you want a mark op.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
is there any way to get a GEQ on a mark without one? like, if I were to find a MK III for cheap, could I send it in to Mesa to get one installed? or does that just sound stupid
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by Jhachey22
is there any way to get a GEQ on a mark without one? like, if I were to find a MK III for cheap, could I send it in to Mesa to get one installed? or does that just sound stupid

Probably not - they'd have to put a whole new chassis on it.

I guess it's doable, but whether Mesa would actually do it is beyond me. An amp tech might do it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Ironic Maiden
Doesn't sound like I really need it right now, cool, I may have to wait to get this in November unfortunately, hopefully it will still be there.

There's no way a 600 dollar Mesa Boogie Mark III is gonna gather dust there until November
Quote by Ikey
im no fred flintstone but i can sure make the bed rock

MY GEAR!

Epiphone Futura Custom EX
Randall RG75DG3 Combo Amp
MXR 10-Band EQ
Oscar Schmidt OG10CEN

howya doin
Quote by AcousticMirror
+1

doesn't seem like you've really thought through why you want a mark op.
Because the quality is better than the other amps I can afford and they sound better IMO.

I don't see why I necessarily need that stuff, I haven't been playing for THAT long
Quote by wolfeman85
There's no way a 600 dollar Mesa Boogie Mark III is gonna gather dust there until November
Even without a graphic EQ?
Quote by Ironic Maiden
Even without a graphic EQ?

Narp. It's still a popular amp, just less popular then the ones with the GEQ.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Your buying it cause it says MESA right?

thats a MKIII but its not a good one, as said the GEQ is pretty much vital in getting those MK sounds.

Also the MKIII I played, was an amazing amp but it doesnt sound like a MKIV or really do a good metal sound without a boost.

What music do you play and what is your ax budget?

I am sure we could find a better amp for you.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I'm only curious in the other amps you have passed over. That deal you found is a good one but unfortunately until you actually have the funds to pull the trigger, amp shopping is pointless and painful. Once you have X funds then take Y action.

Budget?
Genres?
Favorite guitar tone?
Home or gig?
Closest City?
Current gear?
Quote by Tom 1.0
Your buying it cause it says MESA right?

thats a MKIII but its not a good one, as said the GEQ is pretty much vital in getting those MK sounds.

Also the MKIII I played, was an amazing amp but it doesnt sound like a MKIV or really do a good metal sound without a boost.

What music do you play and what is your ax budget?

I am sure we could find a better amp for you.
Actually, Mesa was like the last thing I would have thought of, I just found this and decided to listen to some demos figuring it wouldn't sound like John Petrucci or as good as the MKIV or V, I liked it but I guess it was a lot of the GEQ...

Well, I would have just made another thread but a few people got tired of them, out of fear of shunning people from advice, I stopped making the threads.

I would like to play Prog (Dream Theater, Mastodon), Thrash(Megadeth, Testament), and Symphonic Metal(Symphony X, Adagio) and then some stuff like Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd maybe, but primarily the different Metals I listed AND Led Zeppelin. I guess $600 is my MAX budget, I would like to get under that if possible, but that is really ALL I can do.
Find out whether that particular amp has an effects loop or not, then buy it and get an EQ pedal or rack EQ later on.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Find out whether that particular amp has an effects loop or not, then buy it and get an EQ pedal or rack EQ later on.
That's what I thought, if I really wanted the EQ, I could just buy a pedal after when I get more money

From what I understand, it does.
Last edited by Ironic Maiden at Sep 29, 2010,