Good afternoon everyone,

I am just getting back into home recording and just want something simple to use to record my ideas (lay down guitar tracks, vocals, midi drums, etc).

I'm using:

M-audio mobile pre USB
M-audio oxygen midi controller

Someone had recommended REAPER - any thoughts on this software? Pros/Cons?
Checked out the website and for $60 it looks like a great deal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Gibson Les Paul Studio - Gem Series
-ESP Eclipse II Standard
-ESP Horizon FR II Standard
-Marshall TSL 602
-Peavey 6505+
-Mesa 2x12 Rectifer Cab
Reaper is free, you just have a pop-up asking you to buy it if you want in the free version.

The 60$ price tag is if you want to be generous and actually pay for it...
Reaper is written by Justin Frankel, the guy who gave us Winamp and Gnutella. He also co-wrote an open guitar FX platform.

Reaper is very cheap, but it rivals the big ones like Cubase, Protools and Cakewalk. The most incredible is that although it works as good, it's only 7 MB large and uses very little CPU. It also comes with loads of plug-ins, and it's being improved regularly.

The 60$ allows you free upgrades until two stable versions higher.

Oh yeah, Justin Frankel also plays guitar. :-)
Quote by Dream Floyd
Reaper is free, you just have a pop-up asking you to buy it if you want in the free version.

The 60$ price tag is if you want to be generous and actually pay for it...

it is not free. the demo just never expires, and because the guys at cockos are nice, it isnt crippled. read the bar on the left. even if you take an extra month or three to scrape together the money, you are supposed to pay for the program. its not about being generous, its about not being an ass.

ESP_Azrael, Reaper is a great deal. it has a lot of great features and is a solid program. the midi editor isnt the greatest, but other than that i dont have any complaints. for someone on a budget, it is perfect. for people not on a budget, it still remains a good option.