I have a question to those who use the AMT Legend Amp pedals (you know, R1, D1, P1, M1, etc.)

they say those are supposed to be pedal-simulation of the preamp of the respective amp model.
so are they to be used IN PLACE of your amp's own preamp
meaning, would I have to bypass my amp's own preamp by plugging all my other effects through the AMT pedal (modulations would come after it, I guess) instead of the input of the amp, and plug the whole chain to the return jack of the amp? (thus going straight to the power amp)

or are these pedals meant to be used like regular distortion pedals,
meaning I'd use them WITH my amp's preamp??

I've seen the youtube demos but they aren't really showing what they did as far as this is concerned...
Guitars:
* Custom "does-it-all" Strat
*'12 James Tyler Studio Elite HD Burning Water (HSH)
* EVH Wolfgang Special Stealth HT
as far as i can remember they're supposed to act like preamps but i think you can use them like distortion pedals too
Amps:
Orange Rocker 30
Marshall JCM 800 1960 4x12
Guitars:
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400
Pedals:
Boss SD-1
Boss GE-7
Behringer TU-300

www.myspace.com/oceansatealaska
There is nothing preventing you from using them either way though I'd check the manufacturers site to see what they suggest.

edit: Either way seems fine, plus it has a cab simulated out for direct input to mixers or for recording. At that price point, if they sound as good as they say then I'm switching my plans for my next pedal purchase.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Sep 28, 2010,
i have some amt pedals. you're supposed to use it in place of it, like in the FX return of your amp. it wouldn't sound as good using both.
Member of The 7 String Legion

Peavey Triple X Head
Mahieu 4x12 Cab (celestion g12t-75)
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
Various Pedals, and Guitars.