Thats right my ban is over. And now to present you with my MPD thread.
So i'm browsing craigslist, and i see a random ad entitled soemthing like "guitar stuff fs" or something. Sometimes I open those, sometimes I don't.... Obviously I opened it. Saw a pedal that i've been looking at for a while at an awesome price. Atleast half of what they start at on ebay. So I email the guy right away. Made arrangements to meet him this evening. Luckily he didn't live that far, so I drove up there, some redneck lookin kid in a wife beader came out to meet me, cause I don't think he was the guy I emailed. But I looked at the pedal, it seemed fine, so I took it. Took it home and made sure it turned on and worked. Now i'm sure your asking WHAT FRIGGIN PEDAL DID I GET?!........................

....................And with no further delay, the NPD Pedal is a Marshall Shredmaster!

It's an old Marshall pedal, I believe from the 80's. Uses 5 switches; Gain, Bass, Contour, Treble, and Volume. I got it to add a little el34ish/marshallish crunch to my 5150. Tbh I completely reevaluated my amp yestrday and found that I like pushing the clean channel with my ts9 a lot better than using my gain channel. The gain channel simple just doesn't take pedals very well.

So onto the review

Took a little while to eq things in, very different response than what i'm used to. Final result sounded best with the gain between 2 and 3 o'clock, the bass at 2'clock, the contour at 10 o'clock, the treble between 4 and 5 o'clock, and the volume at 1 o'clock.

I really didn't like the contour effect at all like I thought I would. But the bass response didn't just make it muddy like I thought it would, gives it a super warm crunchy bass. I use it in conjunction with my TS9 just to boost the gain a bit more, but together they really sound great, and are really achieving pretty damn close to what I was going for. The shredmaster really gives my tone some warm bassy balls. For the moment it now has a permanent place in my chain.

Also I did find that the pedal is a bit noisy. Not as noisy as my boss pedals, but definitely a bit overpowering. Some adjusting on the noise gate was needed, but that was expected.
The sound of it is actually not that different from the DS-1, but it is much brighter and much more defined.
The pedal is also very touch sensitive compressing the sound a lot, which I like, cause I was thinking about getting a compressor pedal but with the shredmaster engaged I don't even need one!
Thing is also made of all steel parts, built like a tank!

If I had to rate this pedal out of 10 i'd give it a 8.5, 10's are rare, and i couldn't give it a 9 simply for the lack of versatility. It's pretty much a one trick pony, it will make your amp sound like a Marshall. Which is exactly what I wanted so I am a very happy guitar player . . Out of all the pedals I have tried this is the best "Marshall in a box" i've played so far. Although there are a like 4 or 5 pedals I still need to play to say it's the best out of all of them(something like mi audio crunch box, wampler plextortion, cmat mods signa and brownie drive, etc., etc.)

My Peavey 5150 w/ 6l6's now sounds like a Marshall JCM 800 w/ el34's. Mission complete!

Oh and want to hear the best part of this whole experience? Pedal only cost me $50.
Cheapest starting price on ebay is $100.

For right now, this pedal has a permanent spot in my chain, and i'm absolutely loving it.
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
93 views and no replies, whats wrong too much reading?
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
I've never seen one before...almost want to play one just to see how it'd sound. Seems pretty cool from your review.

HNPD!
Amps
Randall RG50TC, Roland Cube 15x

Guitar
LTD MH-100QM, Washburn X12

Effects and Etc.
Ibanez Weeping Demon, Boss FV-500H, Ibanez TS7, Ibanez PH7, dbx 31-band EQ, ISP Decimator
HNPD, I too don't like pushing the gain channel with anything. My 5150 has great cleans though. When I got it I was confused about all the slander, I love it. But gratz on the new pedal.
Congrats! I used to have all of the original Marshall pedals. The Drive Master was my favorite of the bunch.

Does your have the battery door? Pretty common thing to be missing from the majority of the originals.
Yes it has the battery door
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
Nice, the Marshall Shredmaster is a great pedal, nice score

HNPD
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Well...

Welcome Back! We've missed you in the CL forum did you get banned because of that college debate thing?

Also, HNPD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by diceksox1809
Well...

Welcome Back! We've missed you in the CL forum did you get banned because of that college debate thing?

Also, HNPD!

haha unfortunately yes

i've had the pedal for a couple weeks now and haven't taken it out of my chain yet. but i honestly have another pedal i'm about to get that may or may not replace it. Expect another NPD very soon, probably more than one actually(still need a few things, eq, different reverb, wah, maybe a compressor, maybe a delay)
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
Nice pedal for sure. Would suck having to look for it in low stage lighting
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
well i'm not in a band or anything so that doesn't worry me. At the moment my rig is located in my living room/dining room. When I got my 5150 I didn't feel like carrying it up 3 floors to my room, so the dining room is my new studio!
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx