For the sake of consistency, I'll do this in sections. So first,

ESP LTD H-301

Well, they sure don't make them like they used to. This is a 2003 MIK LTD, and it feels amazing. Now I can finally give the finger to all the people who say only the 400+ LTD's are worth buying, because that's not true - it's where and when the LTD was made, not the number that matters. Cosmetically/aesthetically, this guitar has no flaws, save for a small chip at the bottom. The frets are perfect, the finish is superb - the flamed maple cap is almost perfectly matched up. I had to look at it in direct light to find the line between the two halves. There's really not much to say, because other than that chip and belt buckle rash caused by the previous owner, there is nothing to comment on besides "amazing".

The sound is subpar, however. I don't blame the guitar though. For whatever reason, the previous owner decided to put an Alexi EMG sig in here, complete with the push pull passive active booster. I have no idea what the neck pickup is, probaby an EMG H1 or H2. But I'm almost 100% sure that this thing is wired incorrectly, because it sounds like ass, and it doesn't even make sound in passive mode. At least the active mode makes sound now - it didn't at all before I put a new battery in. Not a big deal. I'm going to work on it later today, probably just make it full passive for now with spare pickups I have, until I can afford to put an SD Custom/59 combo in it, to really do the mahogany body and mahogany neck justice.

Next: Peavey Vypyr 75
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X

I've been wanting one of these for a while now, and I finally got one yesterday. IMO, for the price these can be found used, there is simply no better practice amp. This thing can do every kind of sound you could want, and more. There's not a lot to say here either. I got it in mint condition, and it does everything I knew it would, as I upgraded from the 15W version I've had for years.

I primarily got this amp because every day lately I've been realizing more and more that my "real" rig will take forever to build up in my current financial situation. So this is a cheap backup/escape plan for the moment. It doesn't sound good as the true tube amps it models, but it sounds pretty damn good considering the fraction of the price it is compared to those.

While this amp can do everything, it is hard to have complete control over it without it's footswitch, so the very next thing on my list to get is a Sanpera II. The amp is good by itself, but with the Sanpera, it really is simply unbeatable for the price you pay. I feel infinitely better about trying out for and joining different bands now, because I have this gig worthy amp that can really match the style of any band and do it more than well enough for a band that isn't very big yet. I feel good knowing I have this thing, while most people in the same band scene as I am are running MG half stacks and the like. There is no tonal competition.

Here's some group shots, just because.

Front: Pedalboard; Bottom left: Peavey ValveKing 212; Bottom right: Peavey Vypyr 75; Top right; Peavey ValveKing Royal 8; Top left: Mess & Fan

Left: LTD V-50; Middle: LTD M-200FM; Right: LTD H-301

Yes, I love Peavey. Yes, I love ESP. Yes, I am poor (relatively).

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Awesome man GNA&GD!
One question, how do you power your pedals?
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
Awesome,

looks great and it has the **** stock!!!!

Great find mate

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
if you have a valveking and two ltds whats the point of getting a vypyr and another ltd? :O
anyways HNG&AD
Quote by richyt93
Awesome man GNA&GD!
One question, how do you power your pedals?

I use a One Spot for all of them.

Quote by philipk
if you have a valveking and two ltds whats the point of getting a vypyr and another ltd? :O
anyways HNG&AD

It's all there in the text if you read it. If you don't feel like it, basically because I can't afford the rig I want right now, but I want something gig worthy that can do all the sounds I want (which is really a lot, nuances and such. There's a reason why I'm building a 16 pedal pedalboard.)

As for why I got the LTD: Because I'm pretty brand loyal to ESP, I love the way they feel, and I got this old gem for a steal price. On top of that, I wanted a normal (superstrat) shaped guitar with a fixed bridge. This guitar really checks every box for what I was looking for in my next guitar. There really was no question involved.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
+1 for the LTD love my LTDs amazing guitars they have such a smooth feel to them,

Also good job on the amp even thinking about getting myself one when I start joining a band just to easier transport and the fact I can match any tone / sound and they sound pretty good

You must be my missing twin :P
Love for the LTD's... i'm in it too...
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
Why don't you sell all that and get one nice set up?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Why don't you sell all that and get one nice set up?

IF I managed to sell everything in the picture on craigs list, I'd be lucky to get $1400.

I'd need at least 2 guitars, 1 for backup and 1 with a Floyd Rose. Getting 2 decent guitars used would cost me around $1000 by itself. Then I'd have $400 left, which an amp better than what I have right now cannot be had for new or used. And I would have no pedals either.

I'm perfectly aware that my gear is mediocre at best, but I'm doing the best I can with my current financial situation. I've made some financial mistakes before, but one has to live and learn. I feel pretty good about what I've done with my money. Not one thing in the group shot was paid for at full price. Some of the things were gotten for less than half price.

I would like a better rig, and I am working on it. I'll have a steady job soon (this NG/AD is a result of my 18th birthday), and then I can build the rest of my rig that I set out to build.

Besides, I'm a gear *****. I don't want just one good amp. I don't plan on getting rid of most of this stuff. I'll most likely trade up my Vypyr 75 for a Tube Vypyr 120 head one day, and get rid of my LTD V-50 in favor of something better, but other than that I like my gear. There's an emotional attachment there - guitar is much more than just a hobby for me. It's my life.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Damn you, give me your Horizon! thanks dude. I was always in the club, just now more physically than mentally

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
BEAUTIFUL Guitar and sweet amp!

I'm guessing that if the regular EMG HZ's were in the guitar that the sound wouldn't be nearly as bad as you describe. I didn't know the Alexi HZ's had an active component (never really looked into them I guess) and perhaps when the owner was installing the new pickups he wired something poorly and that is why the sound is so awful.

As with just about everyone I too love the **** stock. I've been GAS'ing for the 7-string version of your 6'er for years now, the LTD H-307. Something about the H-301/7 of those 1 or 2 production years is just really attractive to me :-)
Last edited by AkiraSpectrum at Sep 28, 2010,
Quote by AkiraSpectrum
BEAUTIFUL Guitar and sweet amp!

I'm guessing that if the regular EMG HZ's were in the guitar that the sound wouldn't be nearly as bad as you describe. I didn't know the Alexi HZ's had an active component (never really looked into them I guess) and perhaps when the owner was installing the new pickups he wired something poorly and that is why the sound is so awful.

As with just about everyone I too love the **** stock. I've been GAS'ing for the 7-string version of your 6'er for years now, the LTD H-307. Something about the H-301/7 of those 1 or 2 production years is just really attractive to me :-)

Thank you.

Yeah, the cockstock was a huge selling point to me. It's my favorite headstock, and when I saw this on ebay, I knew I had to have it. These things are hard to find nowadays.

As for the active component, I'm pretty sure the pickup itself is passive, but it has one of these in it.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/EMG-ALX-Alexi-Laiho-HZ-Humbucker-ABQ-SET-881526-i1458238.gc

The wirings a mess inside. I can't even really see what's going on. When it was first messing up, my instinctual thought was that the input jack was screwy. But I can't even take the jack out - however it was wired, there is no slack at all. I'd have to actually pull the pots out probably to work on it.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I love your rig, what amp is next on the wishlist ? A 6505 or a XXX?

Also that Ltd looks very schecterish.
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209