hey
i posted a song in the original recordings section and received a considerable amount of criticism about my production, and EQing - which is bad

and needs to change! i wonder if anybody could point me in the basic right direction with this to get some not failed recordings,

this is it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxL1NESSEgY

would really appreciate some help
Its too sharp and cutting, you need less treble/presence, it just sounds fizzy.
Try using a spectrum analyser on your sound or something, see where the harsh frequencies are. Try to mellow it out a bit.
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
the beginning acoustic guitar sounded pretty good. the electric rhythm guitars and cymbals are really really harsh though. try cutting the higher frequencies (start around 2k) by 3-6 db or until it sounds pleasant.

I'd like to listen to the rest of it but the harshness hurts my ears. good luck!
Quote by richyt93
Its too sharp and cutting, you need less treble/presence, it just sounds fizzy.
Try using a spectrum analyser on your sound or something, see where the harsh frequencies are. Try to mellow it out a bit.

spectrum analyser sounds interesting but i'm not really sure what it is :P i agree though, the crap thing is i've lost the original recording file of it so i can't re-mix, i'll re record it sometime thanks for the help

Quote by strat335
the beginning acoustic guitar sounded pretty good. the electric rhythm guitars and cymbals are really really harsh though. try cutting the higher frequencies (start around 2k) by 3-6 db or until it sounds pleasant.

I'd like to listen to the rest of it but the harshness hurts my ears. good luck!

thank you very much my friend! i'll try that when i record it again sometime i suspect i also have crappy guitar tone becuase i also have not much of a clue about that too
thanks for your help