I've searched the internet for 2 hours and can't find the actual origin of the skin disease Eczema. Does anyone know who discovered it, when it was discovered, or how it was originally discovered?
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

Pretty sure it's a hereditary skin condition.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Lol that's a given. I'm in the middle of my human anatomy class right now though, and need a serious answer please :P
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

Eczema isn't just one condition though, its the whole range of dry-skin related problems.
I have moderate irritation across most of my torso, but you get people will full blown blisters, raw patches...pus and blood, the whole dealio.
It all just got sub-headed under Eczema, because they all require varying degrees of the same treatment.
Okay, but do you know any particular time periods or significant people in the discovering of this disease? Or in coining it?
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

On gingers, blacks and jews.

This was a blatent joke. I am in no way, shape or form, a Nazi.
The place it was discovered should be bombed. Or the eventual inventer of eczema should be hanged.

I hate it so much. :crY:
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Well whatever the hell it is, tell me how it started por favor?

Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

My bet is Ancient Greece. Cause the word ekzema is greek for "eruption".
It's what it says on the Van Halen records over there.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Yeah, I noticed the greek origin for the name. And I was guessing it was genetic, but does anyone know who coined the term "Eczema" or the first doctor to consider it a condition or anything related to that?
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

Quote by jonathan666666
I had eczema, but then it turned into psoriasis. (much worse)

Dunno if you tried this yet but:

We sell it at the pharmacy where I work. It's amazing, has oats extract and stuff.

I have tried every possible "cure" for my heavy eczema but A-Derma is by far the best one.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Well it originated from my shin then worked it's way up to my dick
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by Demon Wolf
Dunno if you tried this yet but:

We sell it at the pharmacy where I work. It's amazing, has oats extract and stuff.

I have tried every possible "cure" for my heavy eczema but A-Derma is by far the best one.

hmm. thanks ,I'll try it. if it works as well as u say, I will love you forever.
FORZA CATANIA
Do tell me how it goes. There's cream (I use that one), lotion, shower oil and a thin repair cream (for hands and stuff)

Good luck
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Yeah. If wikipedia doesn't have the answer, UG is definitely a wise second choice.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Dry skin and its occurent inflammation is usually the result of an allergy to something that's always in contact with your skin.
Other forms could be due to genes, lack of nutrients, the type of water you have, over exposure to heat or cold, poor diet etc.
I don't think any of it ever was just "found", the term Eczema just was used by scientists as a collective term for dry skin conditions.
Psoriasis and Hives aren't included in that blanket terminology though, as the former is genetic and (I think) to do with a faulty immune system, and the latter is an allergic reaction which just causes raised, inflamed patches of skin, not dry.