If your 3rd string is tuned to a G (as in EADGBe), then play the note at the 6th fret on it, and tune the 2nd string to that.
Quote by TheTones
Btw, I don't have a tuner .

Don't be cheap... buy a tuner... the cheapest are around for 10-12 bucks.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
Also, why would you want to do that?
flintazra wrote:

I think the next person to shoot up a school should list Jonas brothers and Hannah Montana as his favorite "musicians."
I got mine on eBay for $10 bucks plus free shipping. It's also made my fender. The ft-100 chromatic tuner. You're gonna want to buy a chromatic tuner if you ever want to experiment with alternate tunings.
Quote by dubes216
Also, why would you want to do that?

To play seven Nation army properly

I can already do 6 alternate tunings, so I don't see a need for one .
Quote by TheTones

I can already do 6 alternate tunings, so I don't see a need for one .

Now you have a reason....
flintazra wrote:

I think the next person to shoot up a school should list Jonas brothers and Hannah Montana as his favorite "musicians."
Quote by TheTones
To play seven Nation army properly

You don't actually need to have your guitar in open A tuning to play seven nation army. It's pretty easy to play it in standard tuning. And the solo is played in standard tuning anyways.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by technical death
you know there's tuners online... and do what the second post said

These online tuners, are they-

Free
Compatible with PC Mic
Chromatic with flats and sharps.
It's fine if you play it in standard, besides, if you really want to have it sound EXACTLY like it, get an octave pedal
also, why exactly are you trying to play seven nation army...or white stripes for that matter...
What's with all the instant recommendations for a tuner? Tuning without one will develop your ear and from b to c# ... that's easy to do without a tuner.

A larger issues arises from tuning up a step though as you may snap a string. You could be better off tuning to Open G then slapping a capo on the 2nd fret. It's what most plays do with they are in Open A.
Hydroxic acid, kills thousands of people every year. Studies have shown lakes and rivers all over North America contain high levels hydroxic acid. Currently governments have taken no action against this life threatening chemical.