a few weeks ago i bought an orange tiny terror combo and for the most part i'm in love with it the clean sounds and overdrive sounds are awesome, But I like a lot of metal. I think for some metal it is good, but for heavier stuff it isn't tight enough and maybe needs a bit more gain.

If you use it with a boost or OD pedal would it just add more gain or does it tighten it up too? If any of you have used it with a boost or OD pedal can you tell me what you think of the sound? thanks
I don't really play metal, but I've heard people can get good metal tones with a Tubescreamer in front of it. I use a Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret, I can play with settings right now and see how Brootalz it can get, this should be fun.

I shall report back soon.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

The TT doesn't have a ton of headroom, so if you're playing in a band situation it'll probably over-ride the voicing of your pedal a lot with it's own distortion. That's one reason why I've stayed away from it and similar amps.
After some super quick messing around, I think you could pull some usable metal tones out of it, with the right pedal*. That being said, I don't think a DLS is the right pedal for you. It's a Marshall-in-a-box, and is great for a lot of things, but you would probably want something different. I might be picking up a tubescreamer (if the guy on craigslist ever responds to me), if so I'll try it out and let you know how it goes for teh brootz. PM me so that I remember eh?

*Just a note, I don't play/listen to any metal really, unless you count Coheed, so my ear may not be the best judge.

Quote by bogg808

Quote by mcraddict81592
After some super quick messing around, I think you could pull some usable metal tones out of it, with the right pedal*. That being said, I don't think a DLS is the right pedal for you. It's a Marshall-in-a-box, and is great for a lot of things, but you would probably want something different. I might be picking up a tubescreamer (if the guy on craigslist ever responds to me), if so I'll try it out and let you know how it goes for teh brootz. PM me so that I remember eh?

*Just a note, I don't play/listen to any metal really, unless you count Coheed, so my ear may not be the best judge.

Thanks man
Any time. If I don't get the TS-9, I'm also trying to work a deal for an OCD, so hopefully one of them will come through.

Oh, and since the TS-9 will be getting modded (as I suggest you should do if you get one) do you want me to try to do clips before or after? or both?

Quote by bogg808

Quote by mcraddict81592
Any time. If I don't get the TS-9, I'm also trying to work a deal for an OCD, so hopefully one of them will come through.

Oh, and since the TS-9 will be getting modded (as I suggest you should do if you get one) do you want me to try to do clips before or after? or both?

Both would be awesome
Usually certain ODs will turn a fuzzy "vintage" voiced amp into a more classic metal kind of sound. My AC4 got kind of close with an SD-1.

I wouldn't expect to hear the actual OD though, it'll still be largely the amp's distortion so there's only so much you can swing it. Most ODs tend to raise mids too which isn't necessarily what you want for metal.