Page 1 of 4
My opinion of a good singer is someone whose voice matches the music. Obviously helps if they are in tune too

So, referring to the title, who do you think?

I'll go with Mark Knopfler.
Anthony Kiedis. I wouldn't say that he is an amazing singer but his singing suits RHCP very well.
Claudio Sanchez (Coheed and cambria)
Davey Havok (AFI)
Tegan and Sara Quin (Tegan and Sara)
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
Quote by leg end
My opinion of a good singer is someone whose voice matches the music. Obviously helps if they are in tune too

So, referring to the title, who do you think?

I'll go with Mark Knopfler.

I saw him live this summer. F***ing incredible.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Dan Auerbach of The Black Keys. Don't even know how someone looking like he does has his voice, but it's perfect for the music.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Serj Tankian.
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band
Bob Marley of The Wailers
Bradley Nowell of Sublime
Nas - Illmatic
Notorious B.I.G. - Ready to Die
Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle & The Chronic
Shannon Hoon of Blind Melon
Jim Morrison of The Doors
Quote by lushacrous
Dan Auerbach of The Black Keys. Don't even know how someone looking like he does has his voice, but it's perfect for the music.

Very true.

Also Cedric Bixler-Zavala of The Mars Volta. I couldn't imagine anybody with a voice more perfect for their sound, although I have to say some of his recent live performances have sounded pretty ugly.
John Lydon (Johnny Rotten)

Bon Scott

Freddy Mercury (Well, he could sing anything.. But Queen songs are just not as good sung by anyone else..)

Meatloaf
Claudio Sanchez
Anthony Green
Maynard James Keenan
Jonny Whitney and Jordan Blilie
Spencer Chamberlain
Jonny Craig
Serj Tankian
Josh Scogin
Thomas Erak
Greg Puciato
Rody Walker
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Tarja from Nightwish as proved by Annette singing the old songs.
Much like Paul Rodgers singing Queen songs, just isn't as good as Freddie Mercury
Quote by barnesybaby
Tarja from Nightwish as proved by Annette singing the old songs.
Much like Paul Rodgers singing Queen songs, just isn't as good as Freddie Mercury

That worked so well though because Paul Rodgers is NOTHING like Freddie Mercury. Totally different styles. It's when bands work with singers similar to their previous ones it usually falls flat.

And TS, I disagree about Mark Knopfler. Amazing guitarist but as soon as he starts talking, sorry singing, I zone out. I wish he'd stick to the guitar and let someone with a better voice sing. Doesn't have to be flashy or anything, but someone with a subtle and interesting voice... not Knopfler's monotone one.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by ma_tt11

You won't believe how jealous I am. I had a chance to see him in Bournemouth in May but I didn't have any money I will see him live.
David Lee Roth
Kurt Cobain

and Justin Bieber: his voice sucks and so does his music.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by Demon Wolf
That worked so well though because Paul Rodgers is NOTHING like Freddie Mercury. Totally different styles. It's when bands work with singers similar to their previous ones it usually falls flat.

I didn't say i didn't like the Return of the Champions stuff with Paul Rodgers, it was really good. It just wasn't as good as Freddie Mercury in my opinion

*Edit: I totally agree about when singers are replaced with similar singers that it usually is a lot worse
Last edited by barnesybaby at Sep 28, 2010,
Greg Graffin - Bad Religion
Jim Lindberg - Pennywise (isn't the same without him)
Josh Homme - QOTSA
Jesse Lacey - Brand New
Tim Mcilrath - Rise Against
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by Ramblin'_Man
Bradley Nowell of Sublime

+1

Also Chris Cornell.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by barnesybaby
I didn't say i didn't like the Return of the Champions stuff with Paul Rodgers, it was really good. It just wasn't as good as Freddie Mercury in my opinion

*Edit: I totally agree about when singers are replaced with similar singers that it usually is a lot worse

Well of course, nobody is as good as Freddie Mercury.

But I saw Q+PR live at Wembley Arena in 2008 and it was the best damn gig I have ever seen. Simply mindblowing.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Thomas Erak
Quote by teachmeviolence
Headbang until your head becomes detached from the rest of your body, then throw it into the crowd while you play a killer guitar solo. Trust me, it would be totally br00tal.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by rgrockr
Justin Bieber: his voice sucks and so does his music.

people who troll bieber are usually idiots(i havent actually heard any of his stuff), but for that one...touche

OT: les claypool, matt bellamy, corey taylor (stone sour, NOT slipknot), SRV, ville valo, frank sinatra
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
The guy from Kamelot, can't think of his name...Roy or something?
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Fender Standard Telecaster HH Black (SH-5/'59)
-Fender Standard Stratocaster HH White (Nazgul/'59)
-Austin Guitars Les Paul Goldtop Copy (Distortion/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 Combo
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Quote by MusicMan24
The guy from Kamelot, can't think of his name...Roy or something?

Roy Khan.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by ma_tt11

I as well. He's such a talented musician.

On topic:
Lindsey Buckingham
Thomas Erak
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
No, of course not.
I take my frustration out on my children.
HADOUKEN!
Page 1 of 4