im planning on selling some old gear to buy myself a new amp. I want a tube amp that can do nice cleans and can also do punk really well. ive looked at valve kings and the blackheart little giant. i need this amp to be able to play over a drummer for practice. no gigging yet. any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated. my range is roughly 300 used. can go a bit higher tho
i meant to say that it doesnt have to be a tube amp just an amp that can do what i want it to and sound good for some band practice
Quote by ryanfit4battle
my range is roughly 300

You cant get an amp for 300 yen....
Blackstar HT-5. (dont know about the wattage and volume)
Marshall micro stack??? Just some options??
Of the blackstar I heard it sounds great
and the marshall is maybe the size you need!
Quote by RandomJahLove

If you don't want to help GTFO.

TS; what major city are you close to or what state are you in? What sounds (bands or guitarists) are you looking for. Punk and clean is a bit vague.
Quote by Headphonehead
Blackstar HT-5. (dont know about the wattage and volume)
Marshall micro stack??? Just some options??
Of the blackstar I heard it sounds great
and the marshall is maybe the size you need!

um... why the hell are you even posting here? Your post basically said "well I heard this about ____, and well _____ seems pretty cool, granted I know nothing at all about it, maybe it will work for ya!"

The Blackstar is no good, 5 watts might get over a drummer if he's a zombie but you won't get any cleans with it cranked. The Marshall Micro Stack is a mark of shame over all Marshall stands for. I think in this case, a Peavey Vypyr 75 is your best bet. All the all-tube amps in your price range don't have enough clean headroom for band practices.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by MortifiedLizard
a Peavey Vypyr 75 is your best bet. All the all-tube amps in your price range don't have enough clean headroom for band practices.

thats kinda the vibe i was feeling. ive looked into the vypyrs everyone around here seems to approve of them.
I got my Crate V50 for $300. It has a good "blues-punk" sound with pedals and the clean is about the best I've ever heard. If you know where to look you can get a good one.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Blues Jr? If I remember right it's 20W which would get you some decent cleans (not super sterile cleans, but still cleanish). They usually go around $300 on my local CL.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

ive found a crate v50 and a peavey vk 112 for $200 on craigslist. those are what im looking at right now. or the blackheart little giant but it wont make it over a drummer.