I'm not sure if this is the correct forum, but here it goes...

Is it possible to special order a guitar from guitar center?
what I mean by this is... can I go in-store and ask one of the people to purchase a guitar to put in the store for my to pick up?

If this is possible, can it just be guitars they advertise on guitarcenter.com? or can it be any guitar that anyone makes?

Thanks so much in advance.
I am sure you can, but why! Go to a speciality Guitar Store and do the same thing, yet with more personalized service, better follow-up service, probably more knowledgeable sales staff, no extra "set-up" fee, etc... The price should be exactly the same at any store for the exact same guitar, it's the extra services that should determine where you buy it from, and what is ultimately the final price! Does it include a "Gig Bag".....
so do you think if I ordered any brand name guitar they could order it?
for example I want an Ibanez RG370DX, but my store doesn't have it. would they be able to order it, and get it to the store so I can pick it up?
hold on a second...

no my psychic abilities have failed me again....

sarcasm aside why don't you just ask THEM... i know that UG has some pretty good collective knowledge about these matters but the best people to ask is the store themselves.....
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
I ordered my Ibanez XP300FX from the Guitar Center store and had it shipped to the store. I'd get it from Musician's Friend though, no sales tax.
Depends on it is a current model and if they are affiliated with that certain brand.

being an Ibanez, just go in and ask them if they can. I am more than sure they will if you are buying it.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
they can order you anything made by a brand that they carry as long as you see it online.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
For most of the GC inventory you can just order online and have them ship it to the store. That’s what that huge SHIP TO STORE notice tacked on almost every item description says, anyway.
its just that usually I'm not allowed to order online, and because my guitar center never has exactly what I want. that is why I was wondering if I could :P
yes, they could order it for you, essentially from what I've found, you want a guitar, they can get it for you
Quote by theogonia777
Lefthandedkid is super awesome, ja?

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?
Yeah they can. Like the post above they just have to have it shipped to your local store.
I was alway convinced they could only ship in guitars from the brands that they stock.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Quote by iRaiseTheDead
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum, but here it goes...

Is it possible to special order a guitar from guitar center?
what I mean by this is... can I go in-store and ask one of the people to purchase a guitar to put in the store for my to pick up?

If this is possible, can it just be guitars they advertise on guitarcenter.com? or can it be any guitar that anyone makes?

Thanks so much in advance.

You can have ANY item ordered from the online site sent to your house or the store, your choice. You are pretty much limited to the selection of BRANDS not guitars. Meaning if you want a certain Gibson Guitar ( a brand GC stocks ) but it's not on the site. Your associate can phone in Gibson and see what the price of the particular guitar is to have it ordered in for you. So GC can only deal with the brands they carry, but all the guitars falling into those brands should be able to be ordered.

PS I work at a Guitar Center...
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
You can have ANY item ordered from the online site sent to your house or the store, your choice. You are pretty much limited to the selection of BRANDS not guitars. Meaning if you want a certain Gibson Guitar ( a brand GC stocks ) but it's not on the site. Your associate can phone in Gibson and see what the price of the particular guitar is to have it ordered in for you. So GC can only deal with the brands they carry, but all the guitars falling into those brands should be able to be ordered.

They can do it, but you have to pay for it upfront, they won't just order it on random for you to try it if that's what you are asking... that would just be dumb.
There are 2 ways to special order anything from GC.

One is online, in wich they carry a ton of brands to choose from.
the second is by the green screen method. like the quote above says. The associate gets on the horn with whichever company you want to order from and they will find out how much it will be for you.

If you order online from the store, the payment has to be made in full, they won't do that "we'll accept half now, half later" type of thing. if you order through green screen I believe all they need is for you to put down 50%
keep in mind that Guitar Center has an option on their screen at the stores to show an option called "Vendor Master Maintenance" there you can type in basically any brand and they will most likely have the telephone number for the Guitar Center sales rep for that company.

They also deal with companies like SJC drums, TRUTH drums, etc. wich are brands that don't really get pushed at all though GC, so for the last comment to say you are limited to the brands they sell is pretty harsh, They do deal with a lot of companies and you can order from just about anyone.
I believe also since GC also owns Musiciansfriend.com, Sweetwater.com, and like 6 other major online music retailers, it is the reason why you can order from so many other companies that don't really get promo through GC directly.
for example, Laney, Krank, Bogner, etc. Anyways, I hope this helps.

P.S. I just quit GC, hahaha
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2

yo do you work at the store that faces the highway and it looks like its in a warehouse?