Hello guys!
A local shop is offering good deal on a few tanglewood models. But i am simply overwhelmed by the number of guitars i can afford ...... So perhaps i thought the kind folks here can give me some guidance regarding what's what.....

Obviously I'll try them before making the call... just that when push comes to shove between two , i'd like to be well informed. That's it.

The type of music i like to play is usually your pink floyd , some nirvana ....well majorly rock songs..... I do not play in public , perhaps when a set of friends gather around..... so right now i do not need an EQ. I'd rather go in for a better tone/wood than electronics. Correct me if i am wrong...but they can be added later on right ?

I am not exactly clear on shapes of guitars and the musical style they relate to... i.e. does a folk guitar mean it is best suite for folk music or its just a body-shape thing.. ?

Here is a Loooooong list of the ones which are in my radius...

TW115ST
TW130-ASM-OM
TW 170 AS
TRD
TRF
TSF CE XB
TFA XB
TW28 CSN
TW28CSG
TW28 SLN CE
TW28SSN
TSF-CE-N
TSF8
TF8
TD8

If any one has any experience of the models above... i would love to hear from you..
That is a fair price range.

It is better to spend as much as you can afford.

What can you afford?

TSF are Super Folk. 15 inch lower bout, so not small but not as large as a dread and certainly not as large as a Jumbo.

Let me know your budget and I will try and advise.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
I have a Tanglewood Super Folk (check out my profile pic and you'll see it), and she plays beautifully.

£170 in store with accessories and such, but i got her for £135 without all that. Whatever your choice, its a good one... Tanglewoods are amazing in my eyes. Just try out the guitars before you buy if you can, no one can tell you what is the best for you apart from yourself
Quote by UGAcoustic
The budget is around 220-250

Go HERE, then click Tanglewood in the drop down

They are all non electro acoustics, and look at something towards the top of your budget.

If you chose to get it from there, you get 2 years warranty and they will run it through their Tech before it comes out, to set a nice action, polish it up etc.
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Quote by UGAcoustic
How much does a set-up cost usually ?

Depends what is done really, but look at £40 for a decent job and upwards.

As I say, if you buy from eagle and say that you understand it will go through their workshop, ask if this would include a fret level and crown, as well as a pleasingly low action. All included in the price.
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani