Don't know where to put this so mods, I apologize in advance.

I've got an mp3 on my computer, the original studio version of Running In The Family by Level 42. Now the problem is that when I play it on ANY media player, the volume on the track is so low I have to have both my WMP's volume and the computer volume up to full just to make it listenable.

Anyone know if there's something I can do to boost the sound so that it plays loudly without me having to whack the volume on full?
Audacity > Compression = Done.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Audacity?

yeah, google it. it's not that hard.
ADVERTISING SPACE FOR SALE!
I don't charge much...

If you don't click this , you'll die :/
Can you not just get a new copy of the song? That would take far less time than anything I can suggest.
Anyone who suggests altering the file itself isn't taking consideration that it'll ruin the quality in which the song was originally intended.

Just find a better copy.
Quote by monkeyguitar78
Can you not just get a new copy of the song? That would take far less time than anything I can suggest.

No, because this song is an unreleased demo that I'm probably not going to find again.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
No, because this song is an unreleased demo that I'm probably not going to find again.

If it's an unreleased demo then it's likely to have not been mastered. You'll have to live with it.
Quote by Bearded_Seth
Anyone who suggests altering the file itself isn't taking consideration that it'll ruin the quality in which the song was originally intended.

Just find a better copy.

It's an .mp3 It's already of poor quality!!
Quote by monkeyguitar78
It's an .mp3 It's already of poor quality!!

Nah. Anyone who claims to hear a difference between a 320kbps MP3 and lossless is lying out of their arse.
Quote by Bearded_Seth
Nah. Anyone who claims to hear a difference between a 320kbps MP3 and lossless is lying out of their arse.

Maybe, but 320kbps is not the average for mp3's, it's far more likely to be 128. In most cases, anyways.
Quote by monkeyguitar78
Maybe, but 320kbps is not the average for mp3's, it's far more likely to be 128. In most cases, anyways.

True, iTunes is poops.
Download the audio program Audacity. It's free. Then open the .mp3 in audacity and use the Amplify function. It'll make it as loud as possible without making it clip.
edgy meems only friendo :^)