Read closer.
*OVERSTOCK SALE PRICE* $599.99

The Amazon link is essentially $700. If you're content with fireglo (I sure would be), I'd go for this.
DIO FOREVER
Is that correct? It says "SAVE $75.00 OFF THE REGULAR PRICE!!" Did they mistype the overstock price, or the discount?
John 3:16 = Truth

Sight reading tableture = Guitar Hero for real guitarists
It says the MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) is $869.99. JSD's (The seller) ordinarily sells it for $675.00. They are overstocked, so they're selling it for $75 off, or $600.00 USD.

So, yeah.
DIO FOREVER
Sorry, I'm tired. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Haha

If you want to sound as close to a Rick as possible, get a real Rick copy, the Rockinbetter or an Anniversary or something (look hard and you may find some old lawsuit copies floating around), and give it a few modifications.

The Schecter has a bit of a Rick-ish vibe to it, but doesn't really feel or sound like a Rick at all. All you get is the looks.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Last edited by Tostitos at Sep 29, 2010,
^Agreed. The Stargazer looks like a Rick, but it is its own bass and is very different in feel and sound. The one I played was a good bass, but it certainly isn't a Rick.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Be warned about Anniversary copies - the one I've got has developed major problems with its pickups (extremely low output, to the point where I needed to build a separate preamp to boost the bass signal, and massive electrical hum and noise if the pickups point at *anything* electrical, including power adapters and florescent lights).

Does sound like a Rick, mind, and it plays extremely well, but be warned of the possibility of later failings.
Quote by Samzawadi
Be warned about Anniversary copies - the one I've got has developed major problems with its pickups (extremely low output, to the point where I needed to build a separate preamp to boost the bass signal, and massive electrical hum and noise if the pickups point at *anything* electrical, including power adapters and florescent lights).

A simple swap of the pups would fix that.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Ricks weren't designed with high-output pickups in mind; the low-outputs are an integral part of their sound.

If you were going to swap pickups, it'd be stupid to put anything other than an actual pair of vintage Rick pickups in it, otherwise, you might as well just get a different bass.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
You can order pickups directly from Rickenbacker. I know Bartolini also makes a 4001 neck pup replacement.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass

A simple swap of the pups would fix that.

I'm aware, but replacements are not exactly cheap.

Ricks weren't designed with high-output pickups in mind; the low-outputs are an integral part of their sound.

If you were going to swap pickups, it'd be stupid to put anything other than an actual pair of vintage Rick pickups in it, otherwise, you might as well just get a different bass.

I'm not talking 'low output' as in 'a bit quiet'. I'm talking a 500w Warwick amp being unable to be heard over a drum kit at full volume. Somewhat defective, IMO.
How about a Ibanez pre lawsuit copy?
Gear,
- LakLand 55-01 Quilted maple top
- Epiphone Korina Explorer bass
- Hartke HA 3500
- Peavey BX 115
- Peavey Minx 110 amp
- Crafter acoustic guitar
At 5 grand, I can see why people would rather buy copies of the thing.

Honestly I hate the thing, its so ugly and just not my cup of tea at all.
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid

To each his own I suppose...

Played it at GC. Disliked it.
........................,;:/|Simply~~Strings|\:;,......................
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
That Rick Roll was extremely well played.
Quote by Cb4rabid

They're only $1500-$1700 used

But I agree with the second part 100%, not my cup of tea either, hate the way they feel
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass