Hello Pros..

Before I post it.. I wanted to know if this is the correct forum to ask for feedbacks about a guitar I want to buy.. I know how annoying it is to have a wrong thread in the wrong forum. Please let me know. Thank you.
Go for it

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
stratocasters ftw

/endthread
Fender Stratocaster USA Deluxe 2005
MIJ Fender Contemporary Stratocaster '85-'86 HSS System I DiMarzio SD Bridge
Epiphone 2010 Les Paul Tribute
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
ok.. I have been guitaring.. self learned amateur for over 6 years now. Left India for my higher studies and couldn't carry my guitar due to baggage constraints.. I owned a JnD 6 string copy of Fender Strat..

Now I am planning to buy a Fender Strat. I looked some of the ads and I was not sure of the deal I was getting and also the model I was getting.. I wanted some of the expert feedback on this before I went ahead and bought one. I will be trying one of these beatuies this weekend.

This is the link of the deal I found was affordable.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Fender%26%23174;+-+Standard+Stratocaster%26%23174;+-+Arctic+White/9115021.p?id=1218025526097&skuId=9115021

Please let me know if you think this is good.. and what are the plus n minuses of this model. If someone owns this model then please feel free to share your valuable comments/experiences.. Also for those who cannot view this link please take a look at the attached image..

If you guys know a better place to look for good deals.. I am residing in Gainesville so please do let me know. thanks a lot.
Use guitar center or musicians friend instead of best buy
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

American, Mexican or Squier?
Ibanez Rg570EX
-Nailbomb & Liquifire
ENGL screamer 50
Dynacomp-TS9/808-OCD-Phase 90-Small Clone.
Best Buy is carrying basically all low end items. This is to get the moms and pops in that don't know much about the instruments and see a good price on it so they buy it bring it home you play it for about 2 months and throw it in the closet. I wouuld not buy a instrument there, accessories sure but no instruments. I agree with others and would recommend Musicians Friend, Sam Ash, or Guitar Center. If you are looking for a Strat, AND it's new then the price will be a clue as to where it is made.
Most Japan Models are below $500. Mexican made run between $400-800. American made start out around $900 and go up into the $1000's. You can think of it this way. A low end American made strat and a high end Mexican made strat are very similar. There are SEVERAL GOOD mexican made Strats. On the Japan Strats, the necks feel grreat but the hardware is poor. (hence where they save the money so they can sell below $500). Look for a Strat with either a Alder or Ash body.
I would go to a music store and try some of each and see which one YOU like. I here the new Fender Blacktops are great, but I have yet to personally try one. Good luck

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
SOLIDBODY ELECTRIC
USED FENDER MEXI STANDARD STRAT SUNBURST @779 0711
Details »
Guitars
Guitar Center Jacksonville
Jacksonville, Florida 32225
904-721-2307
Distance: 64 miles
View Store's Used Inventory
Request More Info
Buy Now
Now Only
$349.99

--------------------

SOLIDBODY ELECTRIC
USED FENDER STD STRAT WINE RED RW 091910 To pur ...

Details »
Guitars
Guitar Center Winter Park
Winter Park, Florida 32789
407-975-9119
Distance: 89 miles
Request More Info
Buy Now
Now Only
$249.99

-----------------------------------------

SOLIDBODY ELECTRIC
USED FENDER AMERICAN STD STRAT BLONDE 091610 To ...

Details »
Guitars
407-975-9119
Request More Info
Buy Now
Now Only
$699

------------------------------

SOLIDBODY ELECTRIC
USED SQUIER BY FENDER AFFINITY WHT 092910

Details »
Guitars
407-975-9119
Request More Info
Buy Now
Fender Stratocaster USA Deluxe 2005
MIJ Fender Contemporary Stratocaster '85-'86 HSS System I DiMarzio SD Bridge
Epiphone 2010 Les Paul Tribute
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
Last edited by guitar nubsauce at Sep 29, 2010,
Hello

As some of suggested I went to check out some guitars for real instead of doing it online.. I haven't played one yet since the store was closing when I got there today.. But this is what I found there.. there are a lot of Squire strats.. and telecasters. I wanted to know what you guys think about it. sorry for asking so many questions.. please do let me know what you think of them.. thank you.
I would suggest that you go with an American HSS. They are a bit pricier, but then you want to start off with a quality guitar, right??

Fenders are gr8 because they have huge frets, so that you can shred quickly. Also they have both single and double coil pick ups, so that you can have a range of playing options.

ron666