Obviously slides are a very personal thing and there's no best, but I've been trying a bunch out, and was curious what everyone else's favorites were. So far mine is a dunlop 212, short length and 4mm thick walls, but I haven't gotten to try all that many. Soon I'll try making a real bottleneck and see how that works out.
any dunlop glass slide is good.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

Quote by vacant_pistol
Dude, this is Ultimate-Guitar.com
Opinions means fact, man.

Quote by sickstring11
Is it wrong for me to drink my own urine? Yes, but I do anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste.
I normally just use a run of the mill chrome slide...
If I've had a few, I'll use the empty bottle.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
I made my own slide out of a Coors long-neck bottle, personally i love it, its not easy to make, I went through at least 4 bottles tyying to get one to break right (the bottles were already empty of course, dont recommend playing with broken glass while intoxicated) but once you get it broken right and get the label off its good to go and sounds good IMO, plus its a good conversation starter

I also have a brass slide, i dont particularly care for the tone of it, its just too bright for my style of playing (Duane Allman, Gary Rossington)
Gear:
Epiphone Explorer (Lucy)
Jay Turser Les Paul
1986 B.C. Rich Mockingbird N.J. Series w/Kahler Flyer Trem
Squier Strat
Washburn Lyon Acoustic
Charvel Bass
Fender Frontman 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Dunlop's blues bottle is really nice.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I was just about to make a topic about slides, so here is my question:

How much does the quality of the slide affect its usability? I got a $3 slide just to screw around with and it doesn't seem to want to stay on the strings. I get that crappy scratchy sound no matter how I try to keep it on there.

So does my slide suck, or do I suck?
I don't really use slides that much, but I've got a Dunlop 213, which I bought from Denmark Street a few years back.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Just about anything glass. I think brass sounds waaaay too bright.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
i used to use a dunlop glass side....but a year or two ago, i got a joe perry boneyard slide as a gift. i started messing around with it and i really like the sounds i get.
Main Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Telecaster and Stratocaster
Dr. Z Maz 18 Jr. NR, Vintage Fender Twin Reverb (early SF)
Effects from Wampler, Keeley, and others

Session Guitarist out of Pittsburgh
BigHeart Mojo medicine bottle. Exact copy of the old Coricidin bottles.

Usually, though, I use either a Dunlop brass or 3/4 size glass. I picked up a chrome slide a while ago, but it's too smooth and bassy for me.

The Mojo is the best slide I've ever used. If you really want to do it right, go to an old antique store and buy up some Coricidin bottles. They're really cheap and sound great.

OMG CLIPS

Here's a clip of the Dunlop brass: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9778745/stratkeys.mp3

Here's a clip of the BigHeart Mojo: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9778745/TweakerSlide.mp3
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I use on that I made out of some pipe I found. Its not the ideal way, but it works for how much I use it.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
I had a bronze Dunlop slide, it was awesome. Great control, nice and heavy. I lost it somehow though. Now I have a glass slide, Dunlop too, don't really like it, it's too light and my finger has to much room if you know what I mean.

I had a real bottleneck but it shattered.
Quote by iLaxative
Water slide.

lol

IDK, I'm about to get a cigar box guitar for black metal slide. I will let you know then.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Broken neck off a whisky bottle
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC