Well, I came into some money recently (albeit only $250) and I was thinking I might take this chance to purchase some new pickups from my first guitar that has seen a bit of neglect recently...

The guitar has an SG body style, and I believe it is made out of basswood. I'd like to use it in high gain situations, such as metal or heavier rock, so I'd like some pickups that would work well for that, but I'd also like to give it some sort of versatility. I play through a Marshall MA100C at home, and in my dorm I use a Pignose Legendary 7-100 and a Digitech RP90 multi-effects pedal.

So, I humbly ask of the assistance of the gear gurus (or anyone actually) on this site to help me with this problem.

Or, I suppose another option would be just to scrap my plans and save up for a new guitar altogether, lol
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
Bleach, OP, Naruto, GE, Rosario+Vampire, Soul Eater, Kyou Kara Ore Wa, Kimi No Iru Machi, HSD Kenichi, and many more!!!
i would save up your cash and buy yourself a nicer guitar. you could get a serious upgrade for around 700 bucks.
Quote by Fantum1337

Or, I suppose another option would be just to scrap my plans and save up for a new guitar altogether, lol

This.
Most of my grindcore inspiration comes from my hard drive.
So, the general consensus so far is a new guitar.
Well, I can't go against solid advice, so I guess I'll start saving up for a new guitar.

And in that aspect, any recommendations? Price really isn't too terribly much of an issue, But I'd like to keep it under $1,000. That way I can have it in less than a year, lol
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
Bleach, OP, Naruto, GE, Rosario+Vampire, Soul Eater, Kyou Kara Ore Wa, Kimi No Iru Machi, HSD Kenichi, and many more!!!
Trust me, in the long run you'll be happy you got a new guitar than putting some pickups in a piece of junk =P.

As far as metal guitars go, check out Ibanez RG's, they're reliable and solid, also Jackson Dinky's, not too big on ESP personally.

I also must recommend Agile guitars, they're a small company which sells top notch gear for dirt cheap without the huge markup.

For example: http://www.rondomusic.com/interceptorpro625ebtred.html
Most of my grindcore inspiration comes from my hard drive.
I consider heavier rock to be sort of a Rise Against or Rage Against the Machine sound.

And that Agile is downright sexy XD
I've always liked Ibanez (I've got a few friends that have them) and I was considering getting the RG5EX1 at one point, but never really did. But seriously, for the money, I'm definitely considering that Agile. I've never heard of them before, but that looks awesome.
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
I would tell you to look into the ESP LTD EC-1000's, but they have been lacking in quality lately.
Faded Les Paul Studios are always nice though. Same as SG studios. I like them, and they are pretty versatile.

Those would be a good start.
I do like the Faded SGs, and I really do like general body shape.
Are the ESP Vipers any good? I've seen a few, but I've never actually played one before.
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
Like I said. ESP has been lacking quite a bit sadly. If you can get the older Viper-1000 Deluxe with the Duncans it's a fantastic guitar. I haven't played a newer ESP LTD that I liked. The new ones lack quality all together IMHO. But I really like the older Viper loaded with Duncans.

If you're willing to go used that would be a great choice. I'm slightly biased on the Amberburst with Duncan's though. I just don't really like EMG's. And I think the amberburst finish is the LTD Deluxe series prettiest finish. haha.
Yeah, I may be able to get a used Viper off of a friends for $500. He said he paid around $700 for it 7-8 years ago, so that's why I was asking, lol
I don't know about the pickups or anything, as I've never seen it, he's just told me about it, lol
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!