Im looking to buy a new guitar and i primarily play metal music. I've heard Ibanez is a really good brand of guitar for metal playing. I'm also looking for a Les Paul model with a tobacco sunburst. Anyone know where i could find this? I've looked and can't find much.

Something that looks like this HERE that would be perfect
Try the Ibanez website may be?
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

My Gear: (That I actually use)

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
just get an epi or gibson les paul. the name on the headstock doesn't make anything more suitable for one genre or another.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
I know Ibanez makes that body style (art series) but I've never seen one in tobacco.

I agree with getting an epi/gibson Les Paul. A quick pickup change will make it more suitable for metal if you're not happy with what you've got.
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
Bleach, OP, Naruto, GE, Rosario+Vampire, Soul Eater, Kyou Kara Ore Wa, Kimi No Iru Machi, HSD Kenichi, and many more!!!
I'm looking to spend under $500 here, so a Gibson is probably out of that range. And i had another thread regarding an Epiphone, and most people said to get an Agile over the Epi.
If you guys could post some links to reasonably priced Les Paul models that are still good for the money (<$500) and possibly a tobacco finish that would be wonderful! I'm pretty new to the whole guitar shopping idea. I've only had 1 so far.
I've always shopped on Musician's Friend, Guitar Center, or in random pawn shops scattered around. If you have a guitar center near you, look in the used gear there, and try pawn shops. I'd use the internet as a last resort, because you don't really know exactly what guitar you're buying, and may be disappointed in it regarding the sound/feel of the guitar.

And as far as Les Pauls go, most of the Epi Standards are pretty nice, and are less than $500. Though I'm not sure if they have them in tobacco bursts or not.
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
Bleach, OP, Naruto, GE, Rosario+Vampire, Soul Eater, Kyou Kara Ore Wa, Kimi No Iru Machi, HSD Kenichi, and many more!!!
Quote by Fantum1337
I've always shopped on Musician's Friend, Guitar Center, or in random pawn shops scattered around. If you have a guitar center near you, look in the used gear there, and try pawn shops. I'd use the internet as a last resort, because you don't really know exactly what guitar you're buying, and may be disappointed in it regarding the sound/feel of the guitar.

And as far as Les Pauls go, most of the Epi Standards are pretty nice, and are less than $500. Though I'm not sure if they have them in tobacco bursts or not.

Im pretty sure Epi Les Pauls are available in tobacco but my only concern is the sound.
Like i said im going for a metal tone. Do Epi's provide that? If not, can i simply change the pickups like someone said to achieve that "heavier" sound?
Hmmmm... I have an Epi Les Paul, and it handles high gain pretty well. I can play Metallica and Megadeth without much trouble on it, but I haven't tried anything super ultra heavy. It really depends on what type of metal you play. Although if you play super heavy death metal type music, it'd probably be in your best interests to get a guitar with active pickups.
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
I wouldn't say i play super heavy death metal. Mostly stuff like BFMV, As I Lay Dying, Parkway Drive, and similar
Yeah, I've been able to get Bullet For My Valentine sound with my Les Paul. Although it's not exactly the clearest sound...
If you're thinking about going with the Les Paul, you may want to up the pickups a bit, as stock pickups on a budget guitar aren't usually the best. Actives will sound better distorted, but if you want to do clean and distorted sounds you may want to go with passives. My friend has a Seymour Duncan (not sure which model) in his Epiphone SG, and it sounds really good with distortion.
Like I said before, I'd suggest going to a guitar store (if you have any near you) and trying out a model on the sort of settings you want to play with. If you can go to Guitar Center I'd highly recommend it, as they're bound to have a model of guitar you're looking for, and they have many different amps with which you can mess around.

Oh, and win with Parkway Drive.
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
agile hands down
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
so what pickups then would you guys suggest for metal playing on an Agile (BFMV, AILD, ParkwayDrive, ETF, etc.)