So, me and my friend are having this discussion. What would it look like if you had a mirror of rooms, says it's all seamless and round so mirrors can only see their reflections - nothing to reflect but other reflections. No one or nothing is in this mirrorsphere. Say a section, or the entire thing, is actually two way mirrors. You're on the outside looking in. What do you see?
Even ? I this what's don't
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Last edited by Necrolust at Sep 29, 2010,
oh i had this same though like a month ago
i even tryed to make it but a cube instead and someone dropped it
i hope someone can answer though its been haunting me
we've been tryin to figure it out, can't even comprehend what it would be like
Interviewer: What types of super-powers would you want if you could have them?

The Rev: I’d like to be invisible so I could kill Johnny
Johnny: I’d want to be invisible so the Rev couldn’t find me

ARANEA
My Band
well, I dunno how a two way mirror works, but if police shows have taught me anything, it's that light coming from the side you can see through makes it so that you're able to see through the mirror side as well

which means having a section of two way mirror would be similar to having a plain old window in it, which would probably just give you distorted and multiple reflections of whatevers on your side of the window

if light wasn't able to pass through from your side to inside the ball, there would be no light inside and it'd just be pitch black
You see an empty mirror.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
you wouldnt see anything. what we see is light reflecting off an object. if theres no light, you cant see anything.
Quote by humperdunk

So I just woke up sitting in my desk chair, with my bong on the desk in a bunch of little pieces and my hand super glued to my penis. Speculations as to what the hell just happened and how to unglue my hand from my member would be appreciated.
Quote by zgr0826
You see an empty mirror.

But then what would an empty mirror look like?
Interviewer: What types of super-powers would you want if you could have them?

The Rev: I’d like to be invisible so I could kill Johnny
Johnny: I’d want to be invisible so the Rev couldn’t find me

ARANEA
My Band
I wondered this once for a couple of minutes, then I pretty much decided that 'cause light isn't escaping the ball, and assuming the one way glass is perfect 0% of light is being reflected back to your retina, it would appear black.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by K Dizzle
Oh My God, Light Would Reflect. Unlimited Light = Unlimited Energy!!! We Created Alternative Energy, Unlimited Of It

You need to go to bed, TS. That or quit smoking. I recommend both.
I have actually thought about this a couple years ago and concluded that since nothing is inside it, not even light, it would be black.
Because deep down, I know you want to:

My Youtube Channel

Constructive criticism is always welcomed.
Like everyone else is saying, you wouldn't see anything.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
if there was a way of light to get inside the ball, with no means of seeing through to the other side, and you could still peer through it from a two way mirror, im sure it wouldn't be anything spectacular. it would more or less just be pure white, as light is made up of every color in the spectrum. the only other thing i can think that you would see besides white is the cracks of each mirror from where they were put together. so, with that being said, why go through all this trouble when you can just go buy a plastic white ball from a store.
Quote by humperdunk

So I just woke up sitting in my desk chair, with my bong on the desk in a bunch of little pieces and my hand super glued to my penis. Speculations as to what the hell just happened and how to unglue my hand from my member would be appreciated.
Quote by Archetype00
if there was a way of light to get inside the ball, with no means of seeing through to the other side, and you could still peer through it from a two way mirror, im sure it wouldn't be anything spectacular. it would more or less just be pure white, as light is made up of every color in the spectrum. the only other thing i can think that you would see besides white is the cracks of each mirror from where they were put together. so, with that being said, why go through all this trouble when you can just go buy a plastic white ball from a store.

No, it would be completely dark because none of the light would escape once it enters the ball. Hence why black holes are... black.
Quote by bbetances
you wouldnt see anything. if theres nothing or no one inside, then nothing would be seen. if a tree falls does anyone hear it?

This is not how the saying goes at all...
Quote by Avedas
No, it would be completely dark because none of the light would escape once it enters the ball. Hence why black holes are... black.

ahem...
Quote by Archetype00
if there was a way of light to get inside the ball, with no means of seeing through to the other side

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Looking at this completely theoretically...

If you had a ball with a mirrored inside, assuming there was nothing in there but it WAS in fact light enough in there to see something, and assuming you could magically see in it, it would look like...

A F*CKING MIRRORSPHERE!

It would just be uber reflective. Light all bouncin around n shit.

Get it?
Quote by Momentosis
You guys are getting raped and killed?

Quote by jonathan666666

You win.

In The Amber
Come check us out!
Quote by frozen_soul
ahem...

ಠ_ಠ

It doesn't matter if light gets inside. If it can't get back outside and into your eyes you still see nothing.
Quote by Avedas
It doesn't matter if light gets inside. If it can't get back outside and into your eyes you still see nothing.

im pretty sure he was saying if theoretically you could somehow see inside and have light be in there as well, thats what would happen.
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Quote by frozen_soul
im pretty sure he was saying if theoretically you could somehow see inside and have light be in there as well, thats what would happen.

yeah, im pretty positive thats what archetype was getting at, i think he made that pretty clear lol.
Quote by Uber Man
there wouldn't be enough light in the mirrosphere you fool

Loooooool.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...