Okay guys. I have been using a Line 6 Uberdistortion pedal for about the past year now. It didn't come with a powersupply, So I have been using one from my sega *not even kidding xD* and it has worked for awhile now. Now recently, I have changed my amp to a Roland AC-60, and I've used the pedal with it before. It sounded horrible, so I stopped using it for about a week. Now, even more recently, I have purchased a Boss GE7 eq pedal, So I can mess with my clean sound even more. Now, pr Ioblem is, this pedal requires a 9v 500mA adapter pedal to function, and I am too cheap to go out and waste money on batteries, So I try out all my 9v adapters. Sadly, but predictably, they didnt work. No power or anything. So I decide to try out my distortion pedal again, because I got bored with all clean, and now, my distortion pedal doesnt work either. No power or anything. I don't get sound at all out of my guitar when using my pedals, but when its just guitar > Amp, it works fine. So would there be a common incident where both pedals wont work?

I run them guitar > pedal > amp, very simple. I also have the amp, the pedal, along with a light being used with a 10watt lightbulb, and a fan running from the same power strip. As of right now, the light is on, and the amp powers, the fan runs, but the pedals wont work. I even tried turning everything off besides the pedals, but no go. So would anyone happen to know why?

TL;DR Pedal use to work, never did anything to it, and now it wont power.
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Quote by Zinnie

TL;DR Pedal use to work, never did anything to it, and now it wont power.

500mA?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by I am wet
500mA?

500mA was the amount needed to power the GE7, but the Line6 has been being powered by a 200mA. It has worked for the past year, but now its not functioning, only after trying to use it with the boss ge7
Schecter Damien FR
Boss GE-7 EQ
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Quote by Zinnie
500mA was the amount needed to power the GE7, but the Line6 has been being powered by a 200mA. It has worked for the past year, but now its not functioning, only after trying to use it with the boss ge7

200 is common, i think for 500 you will need a boss power supply, sorry
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by I am wet
200 is common, i think for 500 you will need a boss power supply, sorry

Yeah I figured that, but now my line 6 isn't functioning, thats more of my question. Any idea why it would just stop working? I knew the Boss probably wouldn't work, but all I did was unplug my line 6 pedal once, and now it just stopped turning on all together
Schecter Damien FR
Boss GE-7 EQ
Sigma Dx Acoustic
A common cause for pedals to cease working when mixing and matching A/C adapters is incorrect adapter polarity. It's possible you connected an adapter to your Line6 pedal with Center-Positive polarity instead of the usual Center-negative that most pedals are wired for. This can cause damage to the pedal to the point of non-operation.

Are you positive (no pun intended) that you didn't plug another adapter into your Line 6 Pedal?
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Last edited by ConfederateAxe at Sep 29, 2010,
Quote by ConfederateAxe
Are you positive (no pun intended) that you didn't plug another adapter into your Line 6 Pedal?

I didn't when it was functioning. After I tried using the Boss GE-7, I put the line 6 into the same adapter that I have been using, but that is when it stopped functioning. When I found that it wasn't working, I tried another adapter, so maybe that could be the error...
Schecter Damien FR
Boss GE-7 EQ
Sigma Dx Acoustic
sorry for the double post, but is there anyway of telling if an a/c adapter is center negative? im not to up to date on my electronic knowledge
Schecter Damien FR
Boss GE-7 EQ
Sigma Dx Acoustic
set a dmm to dc voltage, stick one probe in the other probe on the outside. its really quite simple.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Also, it usually tells you on the adapter's label. The line that leads out from the dot inside of the semi-circle will have a negative sign at the end. So it will look something like this:

+ ---------C------------ -
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.