I'm looking for an effects pedal that imitates the sound of a NES video game. I'M NOT looking for a fuzz pedal. Play notes by picking the strings at the 12th fret to get an idea of the sound I am looking for. Any pedals sound badass like that?
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
I may be a Narcissist, But im the Best Narcissist
Mid-fi glitch computer (and another mid-fi pedal or two, I believe).

Your cheapest option is an MXR Blue Box, I can get good 8 bit sounding stuff with it, but it's still not as satisfying as something like the mid-fi would be.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Quote by nightraven
nice song, death by audio should really use this to promote their products as it is exactly what they were intended for

yes? I dunno? I would put more pedals in there but my valve jr's 8 inch speaker started doing some funky things after the 7th feedback loop.

How are your 4/4 songs coming? Why are you even posting in this thread? Your 18 years old. you don't even know what 8-bit is.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by dxpaintball8000
I'm looking for an effects pedal that imitates the sound of a NES video game. I'M NOT looking for a fuzz pedal. Play notes by picking the strings at the 12th fret to get an idea of the sound I am looking for. Any pedals sound badass like that?

there are a number of options. i use a plug-in for garageband called 'bit crusher', but there are a number of companies that release pedal versions of the same type of effect. i immediately recall WMD's geiger counter pedal, i just found out hexe does a bit crusher as well.

but to get the real NES video game sound, you'd need a keyboard. this is obvious, but i thought i might mention it if your goal is more to capture those NES sounds more than to capture those NES sounds on guitar
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae