I wanna know how you guys think the order of my pedals should be. I know it'll end bieng my own preference in the end, but I'd like to get your guys opinions on it and why you think it should be that way.

(In no order) I have:
-Vox Wah V847
-Digitech Whammy
-Vox Time Machine
-Zvex Fuzz Factory
-Ernie Ball Volume Pedal
-Fender Classics Series Phaser

Not too much to work with but you know.
I've added pedals in different spots based on what effect they would have:

EB Vol (acts as you guitar volume knob, cleans up overdrive)>Wah or Whammy (doesn't really matter which is first)>Phaser (for dirty phaser sound)>Zvex>Phaser (for cleaner phaser sound)> EB Vol (acts as master volume)> Time Machine
Quote by rgrockr
I know someone who died doing this thing where he tied a belt around his neck really tight and masturbated while wearing a Batman costume, and it makes your orgasms super awesome.
Wah ->Volume -> Fuzz Factory -> Phaser -> Whammy -> Time Machine
Call me Michael...

Mixing
Need something mixed? Send me a PM with the details! Cheap rates, fast turnaround, satisfaction guaranteed!

Certifications:
Pro Tools HD9
Logic Pro 9 Master Pro
As an owner of the fuzz factory, i would put it in front of the chain ALWAYS. It loves to be in the front and tend to sound worse later in the chain. I put the fuzz before the wah.
Gear
Fender Hotrod Deville 2x12
Fender MIM Strat | Epi Dot 335
Fulltone '69 mkii | Boss OD-1
'95 RAT2 | '78 IC Big Muff | DL4
Quote by ZeroChan
As an owner of the fuzz factory, i would put it in front of the chain ALWAYS. It loves to be in the front and tend to sound worse later in the chain. I put the fuzz before the wah.

this 10000x

The Zvex LOVES LOVES LOVES the front. It will always sound best there.
so far.. wah>whammy>fuzz>phase>vol>time machine. or TM then vol

th reason of this is .... whammy after wah sounds pretty good (to me at least) however you want both of them to be before any distortion/od/fuzz other wise.. wah sounds different and whammy sounds like synth or something... not bad but i wouldnt use it as a primary
then you want the delay after all the effects... may be use the vol pedal before the tm if you wanna use it for sweeps or something. if you wanna control the volume of it then put it after

did that makes any sense?
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
this 10000x

The Zvex LOVES LOVES LOVES the front. It will always sound best there.

Amen.

Some people don't know how sensitive fuzz pedals are. They sound like crap if put after a (buffered) wah, or pretty much any buffered pedal.
Gear
Quote by Way Cool JR.
Volume
Whammy
Fuzz
Wah
Phaser
Delay

This, though I thought wah goes before distortion.
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
Squier Classic Bibe Telecaster Thinline
Oh yeah, when you guys refer to first in the chain would that be next to the amp or the guitar?
Quote by Guitarlicker
Oh yeah, when you guys refer to first in the chain would that be next to the amp or the guitar?

First in the chain as in first effect to pass through to the guitar. I don't know why people still continue to suggest wah>fuzz. This combination cuts out certain frequencies of the fuzz and sounds ugly. I don't think the others have tried the fuzz and wah combination at all. Try it out and see.
Gear
Quote by ZeroChan
First in the chain as in first effect to pass through to the guitar. I don't know why people still continue to suggest wah>fuzz. This combination cuts out certain frequencies of the fuzz and sounds ugly. I don't think the others have tried the fuzz and wah combination at all. Try it out and see.

Never knew that, but it really depends on what type of sound you want since wah before or after distortion sounds totally different.
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
Squier Classic Bibe Telecaster Thinline
Quote by Clay-man
Never knew that, but it really depends on what type of sound you want since wah before or after distortion sounds totally different.

Yeah, fuzzes are kinda like a primitive distortion pedal, for the lack of words. Goes haywire if there's buffered pedals before it.

Agree with wah before distortion though, but not with fuzz.
Gear