Page 1 of 3
You wake up during the late hours of the night. Something in you urges you to walk out of your room. Maybe to take a piss, or grab a glass of refreshing water, but regardless of the reasoning you step outside your door. Dark are the walls around you, and your lightswitch isn't as conveniently accessible as usual, but after those minimal seconds of complete darkness, the piercing light of the bulb above your line of sight shines with insensity so great, you see all. You see a person you don't know in your home. What do you do?
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
EDIT: seriously, with me, it isn't fight or flight, it's just fight. Which tends to end badly, as I'm 5'8'' and 135 pounds of anything but muscle. I honestly believe I would end up doing something stupid, but hopefully the two of us would be able to have a laugh about it later over a nice cup of tea. Yes, I am that ****ing friendly.
Last edited by smartguyreviews at Sep 29, 2010,
Scream like a little girl and then bull rush the intruder.
Last.fm

Good Trades:
lp_dude_2 / miketheslut/ kshands / alexmack

I'd probably attack that person in an adrenal rage with the nearest blunt object. The reason I bring this question up is because a few nights ago I came home from work and parked my car in my garage. I walked up to my door and I clicked the garage door to close it and it closed for a few and then reversed. I turned around and saw my neighbors German Shepard just staring at me. I flipped the **** out and started yelling at the dog and it got scared and ran away. I was pumped, but scared as shit.

Just trying to figure out what people would do since it can be a real threat in our live and we really think about it.

Please don't spam this thread.

Me:

Guy:
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Nelsean
I'd probably attack that person in an adrenal rage with the nearest blunt object. The reason I bring this question up is because a few nights ago I came home from work and parked my car in my garage. I walked up to my door and I clicked the garage door to close it and it closed for a few and then reversed. I turned around and saw my neighbors German Shepard just staring at me. I flipped the **** out and started yelling at the dog and it got scared and ran away. I was pumped, but scared as shit.

Just trying to figure out what people would do since it can be a real threat in our live and we really think about it.

In all honesty, lock myself in my bathroom.
Lmao.
I'm a little baby.
honestly I couldn't say what I would do until it actually happened. that's the truth
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Quote by StewieSwan
Depends on their race

If I honestly saw an Asian person in my house I'd lol.

I'd probably do the same.
But maybe take a second to see who it was first...

Or maybe i'd just scream like a little girl. It could happen.
Quote by Nelsean

Well, it's unexpected so I'd be startled at first and crapping big ass bricks all over the place but then I'd react accordingly by observing the intentions of that man..

For instance :

If he had me at gunpoint with a ski-mask on I'd probably try getting some cover or continue crapping bricks.

If he was holding a knife and was far away from me I'd either run or throw heavy objects at him

if he had no weapon of any kind and just happened to run into me while stealing I'd react by hitting him with blunt objects or throw stuff at him..
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Probably yell "Get the **** out before I kill you'. I'm 6ft and kinda built, so it wouldn't seem like too much of an empty threat.

Then probably grab the nearest blunt object and wave it around at them, still yelling.

Quote by Nelsean
If I honestly saw an Asian person in my house I'd lol.

RIP Tom Searle.
Adrenaline-rage-murder their asses. I've had similar stuff happen to me and being truly scared like that gives you a huge rush.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
It depends on what his physical build was, whether or not he was armed, and how badly I have to pee.

If it's a chick I'd probably think I'm dreaming and start making moves on her.
Last edited by RU Experienced? at Sep 29, 2010,
In all honesty; Run. If he doesn't chase after me. I'll run and ask the first person I see who I do know "wutdafux going on?" However, if he does chase after me, I'll yell to alert others in the house.
I would arm myself. Gun, knife, bat, stick or whatever. Then I'd either try to scare him more than I am or probably kill them. Since I live in Texas, I have that right . . .

There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Rip of my boxers, run at him and piss at/on him while screaming in tongues.

Or shoot or stab his ass, thats how we roll in the good ol' US of A.
And i'd give the "thug fight speech" from Kevin Harts Seriously Funny special.

YOU EVER GO NIGHT NIGHT, NIGGA?
Last edited by Amos_Moses at Sep 29, 2010,
Make HIM shit bricks and run like crazy.. If he's like 45+ and not wearing a mask just go "Dad??" .
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
I'd just say "Who the fuck are you?".
I honestly have no idea what would happen next. Probably go Chuck Norris on them.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
scream instinctively, probably cry and fall to my knees or sprint away if i see them advance towards me

certainly scream though
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

This actually happened to me once.

I said "uh..." and he said "Wrong place" and then he left.

I ****ing handled that shit.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
I would either freeze/curl up into the foetal position or lunge at them wildly without thinking about it. Probably freeze, though.
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
iw got a hunting knife next to my bed for when i get paranoid so he would probably end up with that in him
Bumrush him, shove him down the stairs, run into my room, grab a blunt object and proceed to threaten him with it. If he reacts in any way other than immediately leaving, proceed to act out said threats.

Also, what RU Experienced? said about if it was a chick.

DoomdEdit: And BTW, to me, the middle of the night is like 7:30am, so I probably wouldn't be as startled as if it was actually dark outside.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Last edited by doomded at Sep 29, 2010,
Quote by Nelsean
You wake up during the late hours of the night. Something in you urges you to walk out of your room. Maybe to take a piss, or grab a glass of refreshing water, but regardless of the reasoning you step outside your door. Dark are the walls around you, and your lightswitch isn't as conveniently accessible as usual, but after those minimal seconds of complete darkness, the piercing light of the bulb above your line of sight shines with insensity so great, you see all. You see a person you don't know in your home. What do you do?

Mug him.
Steal all his money and any other possesions he has on him and scare the living daylights out of him.

It'd serve him right for breaking into my house. I refuse to be a victim, the right attitude in such a situation isn't that you are stuck in the house with him, it's that he is stuck in the house with you.
I'd really be surprised -> Confused -> Curious (in that order). I can handle myself very well in close quarters which it looks like it's going to be if it's in my apartment so I wouldn't panic or anything. I'd ask them what he/she were doing here and we'll take it from there. It's probably a fan of mine breaking in to steal underwear, no need to call the police.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Used in a previous thread but applies to this situation

HEEELLLPPPP!!
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Id probably freak the **** out startled as shit, yell WHO ARE YOU?, and then whisper "why are you here?" (My volume control gets very shitty when im scared)..then if he/she were to approach me without answering my questions, I would probably spit and bite. Im pretty useless with self defense instincts

Cant know for sure, but man id probably be spooked as hell.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Ill just grab a shoe or a club and beat him to near death, then call the police, then kill him, then claim he was trying to kill me.

Also, I think people who make threads like this shouldnt be mods
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Draw a sword and go ninja on his ass...

Or give him coffee and slip some cyanide into it.
actually, now that I think about it, I live in a dorm with 15 other people on the same floor. If I saw someone strange in my room I'd say "Dammit Hendrick, you're drunk again. You live in one oh ONE, not 110!"
Page 1 of 3