I've had my guitar for a couple months and I can't seem to get rid of the fret buzz. With a moderate to hard pick attack, there is literally fret buzz on almost all frets. I've adjusted the action, the truss rod... Made the neck straight, slight bow, super high action, lower action... new strings.... nothing works. I'm playing 10's in normal E standard right now and it's not too bad, but it's still everywhere, but definitely not unplayable. It just sucks when I'm using a single coil as the fret buzz is pretty audible through the amp if I pick harder than soft.

I'm going to get it set up soon, but been delaying because I have a feeling the tech:

a) is going to say "your neck is messed up/warped"

or

b) he might not even good and it get's set up improperly (Where I live, people really seem to have no idea what their doing. Plus I've got a special Ibanez trem that I doubt the tech would have experience with as it's just a consignment shop and they never stock ibanezes.)

If it turns out my neck is warped or the frets are super uneven, what can I do? Will Ibanez replace my neck if I call them up or something? Like I said, I haven't had the guitar more than a couple months, and haven't really had the time/money to go get it properly set up.

edit:

I used a straight-edge and adjusted my truss rod according to that. The frets really don't seem level. And the locking nut doesn't seem like it's perfectly center, causing my low E to be ever so slightly closer to the edge of the fretboard than it should be, should be be a concern?
Last edited by Ignite at Sep 29, 2010,
Warped necks are not common unless it is a completely bare (no finish or just an oil finish) neck. You might need a fret dress, but first see if a minor truss rod adjustment doesn't alleviate the problem. What kind of guitar is it?
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
Warped necks are not common unless it is a completely bare (no finish or just an oil finish) neck. You might need a fret dress, but first see if a minor truss rod adjustment doesn't alleviate the problem. What kind of guitar is it?

Ibanez S770. Like I said in my first post, I've adjusted the truss rod, made minor adjustments and major adjustments (not enough to harm the guitar any) and nothing.

I'm not exactly sure there's anywhere near me to get my frets dressed if that's the big problem. I'm actually leaning toward that it is the problem. Using the straight-edge and getting the neck as straight as possible, the frets didn't seem to be perfectly level with each other.