Hey guys. I'm trying to learn the tapping intro to a song, and it has a stretch that frankly I'm not sure how to do. The tab is as follows:
E|-----------------------------------|-------------------------------------|
B|-----------------------------------|-------------------------------------|
G|------6-9-4-6-11-4-6-9-4-6-9-0-7-9-|------6-9-4-6-11-4-6-9-4-6-12-0-7-12-|
D|-11-4------------------------------|-11-4--------------------------------|
A|-----------------------------------|-------------------------------------|
E|-----------------------------------|-------------------------------------|
   T      T     T      T     T     T   T      T     T      T     T      T

The problem is changing between those two bars, tapping the 9th fret on the G string then tapping the 11th fret on the D string, it's a nasty stretch and I can't work out how to do it. I'm doing all the tapping with my middle finger so I can hold my pick normally, and use it for the next section. So, how do I tap that UG?
sig goes here
Just use 6th fret G instead of 11th on D, same note.
*shrugs* I don't know...
Quote by rob_guitar
or you could move all the notes down to the D string

A logical choice.
*shrugs* I don't know...
you can tap the 11th fret with your ring finger, or you can use left hand legato for the 0-7-9 section and then tap the 11th fret with your tapping finger...
How is this a stretching problem? Your telling me you can't moving your tapping finger (which should be your picking hand, in other words your free hand) 2 frets over?
Who originally played the song? If you can find out who played the song, then you can probably go on YouTube and see how they play it. A lot of times you'll find some tabs on here that are wrong.
Quote by hansome21
How is this a stretching problem? Your telling me you can't moving your tapping finger (which should be your picking hand, in other words your free hand) 2 frets over?

I decided to try using two fingers so I wouldn't have to try and rush from one fret to the next. These are 16th notes at 98bpm. Not super fast, but not slow either.

Quote by malmsteensolo
Who originally played the song? If you can find out who played the song, then you can probably go on YouTube and see how they play it. A lot of times you'll find some tabs on here that are wrong.

The song is Ichirin No Hana by High And Mighty Colour. I've watched the music video for it on YouTube, and during the intro, none of the band members are playing instruments. I suppose I can look around for a live version, but I think they're a relatively obscure, unknown band, so I'm not sure I'd find anything.
sig goes here