4 57%
Jam 2
1 14%
Jam 3
1 14%
They all suck!
1 14%
Voters: 7.
Hey all, need opinions regarding these three mixes. The one changing thing being the guitar fx chains, as I'm using sims and impulses. Let me know which of the three you like best in the poll above

On my Profile , you can find all three of the songs at the very top of the playlist

If you also delve into modeling, pipe up - could use a little guidance in the way of tone as I haven't been able to come across one that I've fell in love with so far.
I like the 'fullness' of the first one. It's the best IMO, change one of the 3 votes to a 1 one. I mispressed...
pretty nice tone. What gear are u using.
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 FR
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
PRS Custom 24
SX Strat

Peavey 6505+
BUGERA 333XL
Laney LA412 Cab
Marshall AVT100 (Living at my friends place :P )
Definately Jam1. Also, I must say that your mixing skills are pretty goddamn good. Keep it up dude!
Quote by Carl_Berg
Definately Jam1. Also, I must say that your mixing skills are pretty goddamn good. Keep it up dude!

oh you kid
Sry I took cartharsis's words to heart when I posted a C4C page at one point regarding a mix a long while back. I'm still in debate on whether it's any good or not XD But I guess I'm more or less concerned about the tone of the guitars more than anything, which is easy enough to guess I suppose considering that's the most prominent thing changing in the entire mix

Quote by grizzli1994
What gear are u using.

Atm testing out my newly arrived Saffire Pro 24 DSP with my invader pup which I still don't care for as far as tone goes >_<

As far as Jam 1's concerned I think I used the same plugs//setting shown in this vid I posted. Otherwise just my guitar straight to PC with a bit of eq/comp before running into those plugs shown.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z43flZwE1Xw

(I'm not near my PC, otherwise I'd just load up reaper :P)
Not sure if I used Boogex or not.. I'm beginning to think I was using LeCab instead. I know I did on Jam 2/3. Or I think I did, I honestly cant remember atm, I've got a presentation on my mind - and I just found out that I'm the only one that bothered to wear a tie

EDIT: Just got back and am checking reaper. The FX Chain for the guitars on the Jam 1 Mix are the exact same as the video that I posted the link to above^ impulses and all (the photo in the vid was a screenshot so... :P) A bit of post eq as well.
Last edited by Night at Sep 29, 2010,
i thought 1 was the best, and then sort of a toss up between the other two. 3 was interesting because it was a bit different, but both 2 and 3 were thin sounding. that said, i didnt think any of them sounded fantastic. they sounded, well, fake. it doesnt help that im not a fan of the style, but i still didnt think it really sounded thick enough or something.
Quote by jof1029
i thought 1 was the best, and then sort of a toss up between the other two. 3 was interesting because it was a bit different, but both 2 and 3 were thin sounding. that said, i didnt think any of them sounded fantastic. they sounded, well, fake. it doesnt help that im not a fan of the style, but i still didnt think it really sounded thick enough or something.

My very same suspicion 8*(
Same with the guitars, they never seem to hold any real weight to them - no powerful sound pumping them out. Can't say it's the sims as I've heard some amazing mixes - it's just the fact I'm still on the learning curve. But I can't imagine exactly how long it could possibly take - even to just tweak out a decent guitar tone alone itself. I just can't figure it out. I could already chalk it up to two positives, one being my playing and the other regarding the quality of my guitar - I just don't have any other guitars that are a step up in "quality" compared to mine. Even on segments of a song where it's just the guitar playing, it sounds as if I'm running the guitar into a small solid state practice amp. I just don't ****ing get it.
Gah I need a rest lol, worst thing I can possibly due is grind myself on it all day again XD
Last edited by Night at Sep 29, 2010,
Ok, took another look at it all - surfed the net, and I'm back on it again - with some surprising results.

I need to take a very hard look again at the drums and bass tone. I happened another thread and decided to go through the motions of the walkthrough and immediately noticed a difference regarding the provided drum and bass tracks. As soon as I had heard the samples I immediately knew the difference between them and mine without even having to reference back to.. well mine :P So I need to go through those again.

I've also noticed another thing, that being tuning on the guitar. I'm not sure about everyone else, but simply tuning down to A# there was more present nuance to the tone. Which makes sense considering the string having wider vibrations... But it makes me wonder what others may do, when they DI their guitars and they're tuned down only 1 step or in standard. I'll have to get back to that mystery later I spose :P
Snowmane goes onRS Gold to give me Buy WOW Goldthe prices for herbs and consumables made from those herbs, and if I do the math, it appears that nothing is profitable. Here's the thing, Snow: It appears that you're onlyRuneScape Gold looking at a few of the ways an alchemist can make money. Potions and flasks may sell quickly, but you're right that they have an extremely low margin. If you want to make money that way, you need to get better at buying low and get better at selling high. The average price of materials is going to include times when someone dumps an entire week's worth of farming RuneScape Goldon the AH for a low price, and that low point is the only time you should be accumulating mats.