Hello!
We have this project in our music class that we shall learn about a genre and also compare an artist or band of that genre that started his career in 1945-1975 to another artist/band in the genre that started his career in 1995-2010. They should also be "iconic" for the genre, so no garage-band from New Zeeland is accepted.
Anyways, most are going to choose Rock since it's pretty easy, but that's not really interesting enough for me, so I was thinking of choosing Blues! The problem is, however, that, while I can find dozens of legendary artists from around the 1950s, I can't really find any big and iconic band from 1995 or later...

If there isn't any, I might do Country music instead, but I know nothing of Country so some pointers in the right direction would be nice too!

Thankful for answers!
//Muffinz
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Joe Bonamassa
John Mayer
Gwyn Ashton
Quote by silent caution
When i was younger i used to pee in peoples shoes and blame their dog
John Mayer does some blues stuff among other things, can't think of anyone else
alvin youngblood hart
corey harris
the black keys
the dead weather

or you could take someone that originated in that time period and is still around today
like,

santana
the rolling stones
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
BB King and Chuck Berry are still around, I think. Clapton too.
Quote by silent caution
When i was younger i used to pee in peoples shoes and blame their dog
Hmm, okay, well I can't take Clapton or any other of the Kings of Blues, because they have to have started their career after the 90s, and I just can't stand John Mayer somhow, but checking out Joe Bonamassa atm and it looks really promising!
Keep the suggestions raining in!
You'll Never Walk Alone!
you have to check out the right john mayer...look up anything by the john mayer trio (powerhouse of blues players)..something like "everyday i have the blues", "i dont need no doctor" or "why wont you come when i call"
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
John Mayer
Oli Brown
Phillip Sayce (dont think hes that new but still)
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special