I consider myself decent, playing guitar for about 3 months, a bit more. I practice ALOT, I know a few songs fully now and I would like to tackle some soloes now, to make a challenge for myself.

Soloes I'm interested in particular in The Rover, Heartbreaker, Freebird, All along the watchtower, Purple Haze, Simple Man and basically any solo from those artists.

Suggestions appreciated
I'd start with Sweet Home Alabama first if you are going to try Lynyrd Skynyrd then Freebird, mainly as Freebird it's so long and requires alot of co-ordination to pull off either of the lead guitars. Don't have any suggestions for Zepplin as not a fan or Hendrix as haven't listened to much of his stuff really
My Guitars:
Epiphone Flying V
Westfield SG
Laney Lc15110 230 G Tube Combo 15W
Presonus Audiobox USB

check out http://soundcloud.com/
eddiechance
For three months you're gunna struggle with stuff like Freebird haha! I've been playing two and a half years and I know I won't be able to play it. Mostly because I haven't got fast hands. The intro to All Along the Watchtower is pretty easy.
Here's an idea, download the tabs, sight read through them and then practice the one you struggled with the least. Some of the songs require fingerings you haven't learned yet, so try the easiest and build up your skill set. If you've got hammer-ons down and know how to work a slide, Free Bird is the song for you.
I dont think you'd be able to pull off the stairway solo after three month (maybe you can, if so, great), but stairway in general is a pretty cool track to learn. Finger picking, chord voicings etc are interesting.

Hey Joe, while an easy solo, is a little tricky. Perhaps something by oasis? Or maybe the solo to wonderful tonight by clapton. Its fairly easy and will get you used to the idea of doing bends etc.
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Personally, Stay away from solos for now, just maybe find mini solos inside songs ones that are like 20seconds and are slow in easy, try focus on rhythm for a bit more
Yeah , oasis isnt that complicated and fast and they sounds good.

Freebird is just incredibly long.
Try the solo in highway to hell.
Very easy to get, might not be exactly the type of artist esque playing you want but for Zeppelin Achilles Last Stand would be a good choice, pretty easy.
Um, maybe listen to Heartbreaker before you try and think about doing the solo. It's quite hard for your experience level, unless your a early virtuoso.
in my opinion before going "solo" with Page, go far some of his tunes that incorporate a heavy lead guitar ala...You shook me all night long-----Since I've been loving you-----break it down by bars/measures.
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
Quote by LolCatGuitar
Try the solo in highway to hell.
Very easy to get, might not be exactly the type of artist esque playing you want but for Zeppelin Achilles Last Stand would be a good choice, pretty easy.
Um, maybe listen to Heartbreaker before you try and think about doing the solo. It's quite hard for your experience level, unless your a early virtuoso.

Hah I was always quite interested in Achilles Last Stand but thought it was difficult, is it doable?

Also I'm looking for something to fool around with in my spare time, couple hours a week when I'm not practicing.
Purple Haze is easily doable for just about anyone, it was one of the first solos I learned. First one I learned was Enter Sandman. And yes, for who asked, it is possible to play Achilles Last Stand and have it sound semi-decent with one guitar. It's just really, really hard. Though the solos in there are pretty simple.
Along The Watchtower is a great place to start. Especially this early in your playing.
Soulful, simple, something you can really put yourself into, not just your fingers.