Well ive been sufring the net for some good quality guitars and found this Les Paul Studio. so i was checking the price of this guitar and *BOOM* 6 thousand bucks! my eyes began to hurt and i think im planning to steal one in a guitar store but hey seriously anybody knows a good quality guitar that wont hurt my wallet too much..?
i really need your help guys, thanks.
Since you seem to like Les Pauls look into Epiphone. They make pretty decent products at a much lower price than a company like Gibson.
if les paul, i say get vintage les paul v100. you can get one with 300€. i think it looks a bit cooler than epiphone and it sounds awesome! and schecter c-1 hellraiser is my opinion if we talk about guitars under 1000€.
shecter
Internet trolls are like sap in trees. sticky and annoying, but good on pancakes.
Since you weren't aware that Gibsons are expensive, I'll assume you're looking for one of your first guitars (if not first). Epiphone Les Paul's are very good for their price - roughly $500. It offers everything you'll need for your first 3-5 years of playing and looks great.

If you *know* you're going to play guitar forever, just shell out the money now and buy a PRS. PRS guitars are regarded as the better choice compared to Gibson Les Paul's made post-1970. You'll only regret spending $2,000+ if you stop playing.
sqiere telecaster , stratocaster , behringer stratocaster , epiphone les pail , les paul junior , sg , ibanez , ..... round 300 € or less
epiphone les paul studio , gibson les paul junior , fender 74 telecaster , round 600€
If you like the LP style I just went to a music store and played an Ibanez ART320. I thought it had great sound, felt great, and was light. They run $ 442.00 at Guitar Center and have great reviews.
Gibson LP Studio, sound and play great, look awful. I would never pay £1000 for a guitar that is finished as messily as they tend to be. Ruins them because they play great.

As for what I like I think a number of the big brands put out decent guitars for under £600 - various Fenders, Epiphone semis/hollows, Ibanez Artcores and some RGs, Danelectro DC59 to name a few.
Quote by rocker222
schecter

There you go.
Gear:

Ibanez RG350M
Peavey 6505+112

Boss CS-1
EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Small Clone
KORG Pitchblack
A faded Gibson LP Studio is a great guitar for the money and sells for well under 1000 bucks. Epiphone will be your next best bet for a fair priced LP copy some Epis I have played are just as good as some Gibsons selling for 5 times the price.

Depending on where your from there are a few guitars here in the states that are pretty close to Epi. Agile IMHO is the next best thing I have several other LP copies from Raven West, Devlin and Jay Turser that are all great for the money and usually well under $500.00.

Never rule out used guitars, I see Gibsons going for bargain basement prices used these days. I could have gotten a used Gibson 2005 Flying V for $400.00 the other day. GC gave him a little more and now the guitar is on their wall for $799.99. It was Dk Cherry with gold hardware and in perfect condition. I would have upped my offer but I am going to a special sale, invite only so I would rather save for that.
Quote by jeffmetalhead
whats your definition of cheap?

that would be affordable...but im all confused to all this teles and different kinds of guitars...>.<
Quote by Ic3
sqiere telecaster , stratocaster , behringer stratocaster , epiphone les pail , les paul junior , sg , ibanez , ..... round 300 € or less
epiphone les paul studio , gibson les paul junior , fender 74 telecaster , round 600€

Do you not have spellcheck or something?
Quote by cainmd
agile

Seconded.

Get an Agile Al-3000 from rondomusic.com and swap the pickups if you want.
Quote by StayClose
that would be affordable...but im all confused to all this teles and different kinds of guitars...>.<

Please tell us your maximum price range. $200? $500? $1,000?
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Quote by Gargoyle2500
Please tell us your maximum price range. $200? $500? $1,000?

im still a student..a thousand bucks is near to impossible but i bet i can afford it but i need a large amount of time..more like to 500 bucks
Quote by Sakuboi
if les paul, i say get vintage les paul v100. you can get one with 300€. i think it looks a bit cooler than epiphone and it sounds awesome! and schecter c-1 hellraiser is my opinion if we talk about guitars under 1000€.

For some reason I think I like you Sakuboi (not in a gay way)

But on topic I think if you want a les paul shape Agile and Vintage are the brands to look at. For a versitile strat I'd look at the Yamaha Pacifica v112 and for something which you want to play metal on you could look at the Schecters.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser Fr
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by mikey_360
For some reason I think I like you Sakuboi (not in a gay way)

But on topic I think if you want a les paul shape Agile and Vintage are the brands to look at. For a versitile strat I'd look at the Yamaha Pacifica v112 and for something which you want to play metal on you could look at the Schecters.

honesty im not comfortable with a strat guitar, but a vintage les paul would do... how much do you think one is?
500 bucks will get you a NICE 80's Charvel off of Ebay. Any Model 2, 3, 4 or Fusion would be the sex.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Okay, all these guitars are wonderful and all, but why don't we see what kind of music he wants to play? He's probably a beginner (forgive me if I'm wrong) seeing as he's confused by the models of guitars, and maybe he wanted a Les Paul because they're very well known guitars.

So, what kind of music do you play OP? That will really determine what kind of guitar you should get.

EDIT: Just realized that I completely skipped the second page posting this... lol
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
Bleach, OP, Naruto, GE, Rosario+Vampire, Soul Eater, Kyou Kara Ore Wa, Kimi No Iru Machi, HSD Kenichi, and many more!!!
Last edited by Fantum1337 at Oct 1, 2010,