Page 1 of 2
http://www.imdb.com/news/ni4608940/

thoughts?

I can see it being totally awesome, despite the fact that the movies are great as/is (episodes 4-6)

Feed my eyes, can you sew them shut?
Jesus christ, deny your maker
He who tries, will be wasted
Feed my eyes now youve sewn them shut
I think I speak for all of us when I say, "South Park did it first"
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
I hate these 3D films. They've been around for a long time, don't make the film much better and it annoys the crap out of me that I have to watch the film wearing those cheapo glasses that they've made me pay an extra £2 for because the film in 2D wasn't available that day
This will only be converted to 3D, not shot in 3D (obviously) so it wont be anywhere near as good. 3D's only good for films designed to be 3D.
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
Quote by Våd Hamster
Ain't broke, don't fix it.

+ an infinate amout of numbers and symbols
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Dear George Lucas,
Stop trying to make money from star wars by doing this crap, you are only making it worse for yourself. You horribly dissappointed everyone with TPM, then AOTC was horrid, ROTS was good though. And the clone wars was absolute hell. Please stop, you are ruining star wars for everyone.

From every nerd out there
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
No. Fuck 3d.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by leg end
I hate these 3D films. They've been around for a long time, don't make the film much better and it annoys the crap out of me that I have to watch the film wearing those cheapo glasses that they've made me pay an extra £2 for because the film in 2D wasn't available that day
+1
Quote by Fiddly Diddly69
Dear George Lucas,
Stop trying to make money from star wars by doing this crap, you are only making it worse for yourself. You horribly dissappointed everyone with TPM, then AOTC was horrid, ROTS was good though. And the clone wars was absolute hell. Please stop, you are ruining star wars for everyone.

From every nerd out there
I think the prequels are pretty legit. Plus we wouldn't have KOTOR without them.
I'd like to say "Well I'm not going to see them!" but I will.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think the prequels are pretty legit. Plus we wouldn't have KOTOR without them.
You're wrong.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
yeah I agree it's just a money grab scam. The 3d box set will come out for your new 3d tv one day too.
They probably won't be very good since the movies weren't shot in 3D.

I'll probably still go see Episode I at least, just to see what it's like. I don't want to bash it before I actually see it.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Last edited by Gibson_SG_uzr55 at Sep 29, 2010,
Oh look!

Another remake to be released into theaters to steal more money from people who have already seen the original.

Seriously, I'm getting so sick of remakes/re-releases/re-re-re-do-overs that it's making me genuinely angry.
In this version of Star Wars, the word "Wookie" has been changed to "Hair-Challenged Animal," and the entire cast has been replaced by Ewoks.

I mean... it can't be worse, right?
Quote by :Vicious--
how did u guys get from pit flags to mace windu raping kids using an ice cream truck

Quote by -Vogel-
"Don't touch my buttsecks"
Quote by guitarhero_764
Jar Jar > 3PO

Although I just realized that this picture is Jar Jar from AotC, where he was a leeetle better.
how did u guys get from pit flags to mace windu raping kids using an ice cream truck

Quote by -Vogel-
GTFO.

I'd go as far as saying Fred > Jar-Jar
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

How exactly are they going to pull it off in 3D? Physically I mean. I thought they used special cameras to make 3D movies.

My name is Josh.
Listen to my shitty covers!
Quote by asator
Gee, I think we should have a seals and rhinos subforum, I have so much to say about seals and rhinos I don't even know where to begin! Boy, I sure do love seals and rhinos! Golly!
They do. It's possible to make a 2D movie into 3D, but it looks more like Clash of the Titans and less Avatar.

Quote by -Vogel-
I would like to see episodes 4-6 in 3D, it might be quite cool. I don't see the problem, if they're awesome in 2D they'll be awesome in 3D.

However, I would like to avoid seeing episodes 1-3 ever again. Well... maybe I wouldn't mind seeing 3.
I think its something that'll be interesting. I think done in the correct way, it could be really good. It could also be incredibly cheesy and stupid if not done the correct way.

But Star Wars has been a vehicle in the past for innovation, maybe using it as a vehicle for 3D could bring some real substance to the market.

Its kinda like how in the 1900s-20s, Jazz was synonymous with "Ragged up classical music" where people would take your standard classical pieces (Beethoven's 5th, "Fur Elise", Mozart's "Ein Kline Nachtmusic", Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor, etc.) and do nothing more then change the rhythms to Jazz and Ragtime ones. Then people came along and started using true substance in their Jazz writing, starting with Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue". The same can be said for the history of 3D movies. Its going to start with simply "frilled up" movies. But eventually, something is going to happen and we are going to start seeing 3D as being a real vehicle for artistic expression.

Is Star Wars going to do it single-handedly? most probably not. But could it start us in the right direction? I think so (but it probably won't, I could see it also just "jazzing it up" and doing nothing to advance 3D techniques at all)
Last edited by nmitchell076 at Sep 29, 2010,
I really could care less about the 3D, I'm just pumped I will be able to see the movies in the theater again.

Theater > Your house.

In fact I wish the movie theaters would occassionally put out some old, great movies to see on the big screen again.

Quote by nmitchell076

But Star Wars has been a vehicle in the past for innovation, maybe using it as a vehicle for 3D could bring some real substance to the market.

A good point as well. The franchise always been on the cutting edge of special effects.
Last edited by Captain Insano at Sep 29, 2010,
I just heard about that. I really don't care because I don't like 3D movies. Now when they all come out on Blu-Ray I'll be excited.
Just leave them as they were, Lucas you **** i don't want you changing the original trilogy any more.
To the nay-sayers: What difference does it make to you if they make them in 3D? No one is forcing you to watch them, kind of like no one is forcing you to buy all the crappy other kinds of star wars stuff there's out there.

I think it'll be interesting, I wouldn't mind seeing them in 3D.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
In the meantime, Lucas plans a comprehensive Blu-ray Disc set of the six films next year, which will include upgraded picture and sound quality, new deleted scenes and special features.

Didn't he say he wasn't going to do this until illegal downloading was totally wiped out? I guess he couldn't wait that long

I think it would be cool, a lot of the classic scenes are just begging to be put into 3D. Death star all up in your face anyone?
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
Quote by guitar999111

I mean... it can't be worse, right?

Jar-Jar in 3D? Yeah, it can get worse.

And why in the name of God are they re-releasing Episode I first? At least re-release Episode IV first.

Why is humanity falling prey to the crappiness of 3D?
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Quote by Don_Humpador

Wait, all 3D films suck.

Yup.

Plus, with all the completely dated special effects in the movie, it'll look, really, really stupid.

Quote by Kensai
To the nay-sayers: What difference does it make to you if they make them in 3D? No one is forcing you to watch them, kind of like no one is forcing you to buy all the crappy other kinds of star wars stuff there's out there.

I think it'll be interesting, I wouldn't mind seeing them in 3D.

We're not saying "no", we're saying that this is a stupid idea that we don't support.

Quote by Captain Insano
I really could care less

couldN'T.
Last edited by Nilpferdkoenig at Sep 29, 2010,
Star Wars is bad enough already.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by I.O.T.M
Star Wars is bad enough already.

You obviously haven't seen IV, V or VI.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Quote by IMDB
Lucas plans a comprehensive Blu-ray Disc set of the six films next year, which will include upgraded picture and sound quality, new deleted scenes and special features.

I'll probably pick that up seeing as how I don't own the trilogy yet.

On 3D, I hate dealing with the glasses (I have prescription glasses, but no contacts FTL), so I'll probably avoid it unless someone else pays the $14+tax fee.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by Vampire 255
You obviously haven't seen IV, V or VI.

I've seen IV, V, VI and the Phantom Menace.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Page 1 of 2