Hey all,

Basically I have a 4x12 and I want to replace the 2 V30's that are in there. They are good speakers and all but they just aren't really doing what I want them too. So naturally I decided to replace them.

The other 2 speakers I have in there are 2 Celestion G12k 100s which I love. My amp is a Bugera 333xl.

I've been doing alot of research on it and I think I might throw a pair of the Swamp Thangs in there. Is this a mistake?

I should mention that I do play metal. I want a bigger sound out of my cab and I think the V30's are holding what I want to do back.
(Gear in profile)

Yes I do like metal, no I'm not a close minded idiot.
Not sure the Swamp Things would be the best for metal. I have a 2x12 with a Texas Heat and a Red Coat Governor in it. I think it sounds great. Try to check out as many sound clips of them as possible.

I play mostly metal too btw.
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
Get an EQ in the loop.

You'll be glad you did.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Death-Speak - Yea I've read in some places that it might not be the best but I wanna try -em out as the features on them seem like theyd fit what I do very well. I haven't made a final decision or anything yet though. It just seems that they would fit well.

theraven - I actually do have an MXR 6-band in there. The part is lacking from my tone isn't a lack of eq-ing, it definitely seems to be the speakers.
(Gear in profile)

Yes I do like metal, no I'm not a close minded idiot.