yo, I'm having issues using my Panasonic 50G20 as a monitor with my PC.

I'm 3 months into owning this TV and I LOVE it still...but I've been having a really annoying issue I cant seem to fix. I recently bought a dvi to hdmi cable to plug my computer to my tv so I can having everything connected to this beast of a tv. However, when I load the computer, everything loads fine. I can see everything in POST and the windows logo shows up fine. However, the login screen is just black I cant seen anything not even my cursor. I can hear all the sounds and when I press enter it logs me in and makes the login music, but still just a black screen. I'm guessing the resolution is fudged. It works in safe mode fine. However, last night when I first plugged it in it worked perfectly. It automatically booted up in 1920x1080 without me doing anything. I put it on sleep mode last night when I went to sleep, woke up this morning to a black screen and it wont boot back up. I'm typing from the TV now in safe mode so its not a hardware issue. Any ideas?

my specs:

intel i7 920
evga x58 motherboard
6gb ddr3 ram
evga gtx 260 216 core 896mb
Panasonic 50G20
Make sure there isn't a connection issue. If you have an alternate way of connecting the TV to the computer try that (i.e. hdmi-hdmi, dvi-dvi, etc). If there is any auto adjust function on the TV try using it when you get the black screen. If you can, get on your computer using your monitor, set the resolution to 1920x1080, then switch back to the TV.
Um, cant lower the rez if I cant see anything bro. Also, I've tried plugging a monitor into the computer and changed the rez, it works for the monitor but the TV remains black. I got it working again a few minutes ago, I uninstall the drivers and it asked me to reboot, so I did I then tried to reinstall the latest drivers and it gave me some error saying that A windows installation process was already going and the computer needed to reboot before installation could proceed so ok. I reboot and everythings great at 1080p. only thing is, its showing the old drivers still on there. I figured since I uninstalled these already they cant be functioning fully so I tried to install the new drivers again and im back to square 1 now. soooo annoying
Because its not fully working. When I load a game under those "drivers", it runs my games in window mode, when I try to fullscreen under 1080p the screen goes black forcing me to restart and then I can not boot back up into windows at all. A few minutes ago, I managed to reinstall the newest drivers from safemode and got back in but it started doing the same thing so the version of the drivers doesnt seem to matter.
What kind of video card do you have? You may need to go into the control panel for your video card and set it for HDTV. I remember my old Nvidia card had a setting like that.
Try a fresh reinstall of the most current drivers for your card. Make sure you uninstall it, use driver sweeper (you can dl in guru3d.com) to get rid of any remaining drivers, and install.
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Quote by slayer_zero
Try a fresh reinstall of the most current drivers for your card. Make sure you uninstall it, use driver sweeper (you can dl in guru3d.com) to get rid of any remaining drivers, and install.

ill give that a try, thanks
nope, uninstalling the drivers let me back in normal mode but after i installed the drivers and rebooted It was all black again.
Do you have the Nvidia control panel? If so look for that HDTV setting I talked about. The control panel should come with the drivers.