Just got done posting about the price of this guitar, but i think im gonna make a new thread for this particular problem.

I noticed that when I turn the tone knob on my tele past 3 it starts making this humming/feedback sound. I don't know if this is normal or not, but it gets louder and louder as I turn the tone knob up higher.

Anyway, I found that when i touch the neck pickup, the humming stops, even when the tone knob is at 10.

Is this normal for a tele, or do I need new pickups?
don't think that's normal. grounding issue?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm not too experienced with installing pickups. I would have to solder to ground the pickups correct?
neither am i, but if you're getting noise like that, there's a good chance there might be a dodgy grounding wire or something.

Actually, now that I think about it, I have a feeling I read somewhere that the tele pickups are grounded slightly differently, and I'm not familiar with that at all.

Anyway, something is wrong. What it is, I don't know. Best to leave it at that. Hopefully someone else can help- if not, consider contacting a mod to move this thread to the gear building and customising forum, you might get better answers there.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?