So, atm I've got a bugera 6262 half stack, I'm slowly starting to look for a band and stuff now, I love my bugera 6262,

Issue 1) It's heavy as fsk,
Issue 2) I can't fit a half stack and guitars into my car at once
Issue 3) you need 2 people to move it,

I've been thinking when I join a band or find people to gig with I should get another amp,

The thing is I can get a 2x12 for around $300AUD which is just the stock bugera one,

I've been thinking about getting the peavy vypyr 30w or 75w, I've been loving these amps since I started and i originally intended to get one until i heard the bugera

The 30w Vypyr is around $300-400 i think and the 75 is about $550-600 from what i've seen

Would the 30w be enough to play in a full band? Maybe not for gigs I don't intend to do those for awhile but one day hopefully, would a 30w be enough to play with a drummer? I know the 75w would be easily that's why I was thinking about getting it so I won't have to upgrade again later. It also weights less than 20kg (it's 19kg) so I can easily move that by myself, and it should fit into my car along with both my guitars and then I'll have a spare amp incase anything goes wrong.

Do you think a vypyr would be good for doing gigs though? since it's digital people might not like that? but then again. how many people would be able to tell the difference,

So perhaps this would be a good investment to have a vypvyr as my transport amp to band practice / jamming etc and keep my bugera 6262 for home use and home recording

Atm I've also got a 15x cube which i never use but I can prob use that for some band practice in the mean time if something comes up and just use it for awhile so I'm not in a real rush I'm just throwing ideas around atm
I'd rather invest in a good cab. So you can have one cab at home and one at your rehearsal space (doesn't need to be a 4x12" even, a 2x12" is perfectly sufficient for most people). You'd only have to take the head with you, not the entire stack.
Ah yeah never thought of that, The only issue is we'd have to have a rehearsal space, Most people here don't seem to have one and just go to each others house to jam etc, But that's a good idea to take into consideration if the people I find are willing to get a rehearsal space

The only issue I see with it, is in the back of my head is the reliability issues with the bugera I know most of the issues have been fixed, But knowing my luck just that one day when i need it for something it will die. and at least with the vypyr I'd have something to spare during the long time it takes to get it repaired
I would think it would depend on your band and their equipment. Ive used a 15w spider and been fine with a band. Provided you dont have another guitarist who uses a big ol stack cranked you should be fine.
my co-guitarist has the 60w vyrpr tube. Very nice amp. great metal tones and sufficient clean and dirty tones. And an abundance of useable effects. Very solid jam/practice amp.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
going from a bugera 6262 to a vypyr would be a super fail, and a huge downgrade in tone.
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
Sell your bugera head and cab. With the money from that, go and buy the combo version of the 6262.
if your going to get a vypyr (I have the 30W) then I would suggest the 60W tube, it is the pick of the bunch
Get a 2x12 or even a 1x12 cab instead.

2x12 combos are still really annoying to lug around.
Assumption fail.

Quote by handbanana
going from a bugera 6262 to a vypyr would be a super fail, and a huge downgrade in tone.
How is that an assumption?
An all tube 5150 II clone vs. A hybrid modeler?
Do I even need to elaborate?
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
Quote by handbanana
How is that an assumption?
An all tube 5150 II clone vs. A hybrid modeler?
Do I even need to elaborate?
Yes actually we'd hope you would. The Vypyr sounds amazing. That goes for the 6505 channel. THe fact that its a modeler aside, it sounds great. Thats a commonly known fact.

So um...assumption fail.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
How people think the vypyr sounds good is beyond me, I give up. Have fun with the vypyr. See you in 3 months when you decide to sell it.

EDIT:If you're going for a 5150 sound for that money you could get a real one. My 5150 212 60 watt combo only cost me $400. And it's more than loud enough for almost all settings.

Before I got a vypyr their are so many other amps I would rather look at, including:

-Jet City JCA 20 or 50

-Get the bugera in combo form(if you like the sound why change it?) i honestly think bugeras are pretty good amps(despite some of the bad rep they get, they had problems at the beginning but have gotten a lot better since)

-a used Orange Tiny Terror

-also been seeing JCM 900/2000's going in the $450-500 range recently

-Peavey VTM 60 or 120, old JCM 800 clones from the 80's, sound great and can be found cheap, i got a vtm 120 for $200, unfortunately it had some problems, but only cause the previous owner was an asshat. Although, if you don't like heavy equipment you probably wouldn't like it.

-Peavey XXX , saw one go for $300 last week

-Peavey Butcher

-Peavey Ultra

-Also look at some Laneys, they're mostly marshall clones

EDITEDIT:I'm retarded and did not read very well, just realized your in AU, unfortunately you probably don't have a lot to work with. If I were you I would honestly just hold on to the bugera, try to deal with the weight, throw some new tubes in, and go from there.

If you are gigging a half stack would be ideal.
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
Last edited by handbanana at Sep 29, 2010,
Quote by handbanana
How people think the vypyr sounds good is beyond me, I give up.

Oh, you. Learn amps. Thanks.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
Quote by Ayses
Yes actually we'd hope you would. The Vypyr sounds amazing. That goes for the 6505 channel. THe fact that its a modeler aside, it sounds great. Thats a commonly known fact.

So um...assumption fail.

LOL you missed his other massive assumption.... by the sounds of what TS said it seems he planned to keep his bugera head and cab and then get the vypyr for travelling.

i suggest selling teh 4x12 cab and using some of your own money to get a decent 2x12, easy to carry and will sound better
Amps:
Orange Rocker 30
Marshall JCM 800 1960 4x12
Guitars:
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400
Pedals:
Boss SD-1
Boss GE-7
Behringer TU-300

www.myspace.com/oceansatealaska
The thing I'm leaning towards the peavy is the fact it's so verstile and has built in effects so I should be right for everything

and the thing about sounding better, I know the bugera will sound better but the fact the peavy still sounds pretty good considering it has so many built in effects and stuff,

I'll probably get the peavey though and maybe trade my half stack for a 2x12 as well, so I can always take both or whatever is needed

But most of all my car is small, I only really have enough room for 2 guitars in the boot through to the back with the back chairs down and a amp head next to those, Where as i should be able to fit a vyvyr 30 in the boot along with the guitars, or maybe strap it into the passenger chair.