First off, I don't know if this is where i should post this thread, and if it's not, please let me know where to post it and i'll move it.

Okay, so last night i was playing with a guy on my dorm hall acoustically, and we were playing Ain't No Rest For the Wicked which I play with the tuning (lowest to highest string) DGDGBD (don't know the name of it).
Anyways, tuning it back the high e string snapped. Now, these strings, D'Addario's, were only 4 days old, and i didn't do anything I'd normally do to them.

So, my question is, what are some good acoustic strings for acoustic rock/folk?
And was this the fault of the strings, or did I just fail?
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
Bleach, OP, Naruto, GE, Rosario+Vampire, Soul Eater, Kyou Kara Ore Wa, Kimi No Iru Machi, HSD Kenichi, and many more!!!
Happens all the time to me, even down tuning it's always the high E string.

What i find helps is SLOWLY tune up and down with the E string, my habbit is pretty much tune up and down as fast as i can and it tends to break things easily.
when tuning up you have to do it slowly.

If they were only four days old I can pretty much guarantee you they were not stretched completely and when drop tuning (assuming you drop tuned from standard) would have strained the strings, then once you brought them back up ( i assume quickly) the strain was too much.

Tl;dr: tune them up slowly next time.
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
The thing that dumbfounded me was that I've had the strings on one of my electrics that I play every once in a while (not all the time) for over a year now, and this has never happened. And I thought that electric strings were supposed to be thinner than acoustic

But I've heard people say that Martin strings are the best, though I've always used Ernie Ball.
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
Bleach, OP, Naruto, GE, Rosario+Vampire, Soul Eater, Kyou Kara Ore Wa, Kimi No Iru Machi, HSD Kenichi, and many more!!!
Ah, sorry, i didn't see your post when I replied.
Yeah, I actually forgot about that whole stretching strings thing... lol
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!