Recently I bought an Epiphone SG, and yesterday, I purchased a used Marshall MG250DFX from a friend of mine, but the distortion on this thing is crap. It sounds like some really corny wanna-be punk guitar. I've been learning a lot of really hard/fun songs and I want to get them to sound good. I don't really have a budget, just whatever pedals will help the most would be nice.

I play mostly Stoner Rock and Djent with a little bit of Metalcore/Deathcore.
Tons I like: Periphery, Structures, Sleep, Witch, Chelsea Grin, Asking Alexandria.
Please and thank you. <3
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.
how much money do you have for pedals?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Like I said, I don't really have a budget. I'll pay $200 tops for one pedal. I'm Jewish, so I got bank.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.
Big Muff
Strat>Interstellar Overdriver>Little Big Muff>Supersonic Fuzz Gun>Crybaby Classic>Crybaby>VP Jr. (TU-2 tuner out)>Electric Mistress XO>RV-3>E-1005 w/ Footswitch>DD-6 (stereo out)>DL-4 w/ Expression Pedal>Stereo Tremolo>Headrush>Fender Deluxe 85(2x)
if you have a fair bit of cash it's probably a better idea to bite the bullet and just buy a better amp. Sell the mg if needs be.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Nothing compares to amp distortion.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Quote by Levi79
+1

Get a used Peavey 6505 112, it will bring teh br00talz.

AND STRUCTURES **** YEAH!!!!!

Yeah, but if he has alot of cash in his bank account. Go for a Mesa Mark 5.
Oh yeah.

EDIT: That would be including the money he would get if he would sell his marshall, which he should do.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Last edited by Chaz-6(sic)6 at Oct 7, 2010,
Buy some Orange amps.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
proco rat? or as someone said earlier ehx big muff. these two are my favourite two distortion pedals althought the big muff is also classified as fuzz. OR Z-VEZ box of rock, I like the paintings!
Quote by vegas_shb
proco rat? or as someone said earlier ehx big muff. these two are my favourite two distortion pedals althought the big muff is also classified as fuzz. OR Z-VEZ box of rock, I like the paintings!

Seems a bit silly advising a pedal that probably costs close to what the amp is, I have a vexter box of rock and it was well over £100.

I agree with dave_mc, bite the bullet and save for a new amp.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
money don't buy everything.

work at getting a good sound from what you have.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
+1 for changing amp. Persuit of tone has to start with guitar and amp before pedals.
1999 US Lonestar Strat, 2002 Duesenberg CC, Vox AC15H1TV

PedalTrain2 & Diago PowerStation: TU2, GE7, CryBaby (GCB-95), Carl Martin Comp, '81 Keeley TS9, Jekyll & Hyde v1, NS2, VP Jr, MM4, RV600, DD5, DD7, TC Nova. Cable:Mogami W2524+Neutrix NP2RXB
Quote by Levi79
Well, considering he has an MG I don't think he has 3000 in the bank.

And definitely dont get an orange amp. They are not bad. But for metal, no ****ing way! Orange cabinets are sweet with thier v30s but Peavey 6505 all teh way still.

Jim Root of Slipknot and Stone Sour uses Orange amps. And his tone is really good.

Though he drives it with a Maxon overdrive.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Last edited by Chaz-6(sic)6 at Oct 7, 2010,